Well before the big thaw comes I figured I better have the E-Trac looked at. Shortly after buying my E-Trac (used) last year. I tryed turning the machine on one day....and nothing! So I keep pushing the power button and it finally came on. It would happen randomly through out the summer. One time the power button did nothing. But when I pushed the arrow pointing right, right below the power button, the machine fired up. One time the back light button turned it on :bangahead01: Toward the end of the season it seemed to stop. I took it out about two weeks ago and it did it again so I figured I better get it looked at rather now than when it's 70 degrees outside and prime hunting days ! I heard through a fellow on YouTube and a Whites repair tech that MineLab's new tech center recently came to the Chicagoland area. I called MineLab and talked to Angie on the phone. She verified they defiantly are in northern Illinois.There address' are:
MineLab (main office) MineLab (tech center)
2777 Finley Road, Unit #4 1418 Brook Dr.
Downers Grove, IL 60515 USA Downers Grove, IL 60515
Customer Care: 1-877-SOS-MLAB (1-877-767-6522)
Toll Free: 1-888-949-6522
T: 1-630-401-8150
F: 1-630-401-8180
E: info@minelabusa.com
So I got up and took the hour and 20 minute drive to their facility in Downers Grove this morning. They said their usual turn around time has been about 5 business days. But recently is up to 17 to 20 days. 8/ I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator 8/ They said from what I've told them it could be just a bad control panel. To replace a bad control panel it would cost about $50 plus labor which is $60 @ hr. Which is what the tech guy told me he's thinking it is from what I've described. He said he's 99.5% sure. I hope he's right !Which all would've been covered under warrenty if it was bought new :bangahead01: On the other hand it could be a bad board. He gave me the real name of it and I forgot what it is called lol Anyways if that's what is bad the cost is between $250-$270 plus shop rate So I took it to them today and Angie took my name, number and symptoms down on a sticky note and propped the E-Trac up against the wall and said &quot.K. we'll give you a call when we diagnosed the problem, before we do any repair work.
I'm a little nervous :-\ Has anyone else ever had to send a machine into MineLab for repair? And if so. How was the experience? I'm hoping for just a bad control panel,if that, short turn around time, and seamless transaction!!... ...But that's not usually how things work for me. >:\