Thread: Sure need help on a date

Sure need help on a date

Hidy to all. I was hunting a early 1800s old store place that was 1/4 mile behind my Grate Grandmothers house last Aug. I hope its OK to put a pitcher of the house with it, and a pice on the old store. The girl circled is my Grand Mother, the one to the right is my Grate Grandmother. The Union came through and took all they had to eat in the Civil War. I found this maybe watch fobb at the old storeplace along with two U.S. bridle rosettes. I would like to know about the date on it and whats on the back of the what ever. I know it is the Great Seal Of Tennessee. Sure thanks for any help. Been trying to find out sence I found it. No luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Civil War Nut
    V3, V3i, 4" 6" 8" (3) 10" 12" DD super coils

Re: Sure need help on a date

The XVI = 16, So my guess would be 1916 on it. It could mean something else though, but that is where I would start. Nice piece by the way
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    The XVI = 16, So my guess would be 1916 on it. It could mean something else though, but that is where I would start. Nice piece by the way
    Hidy Cnut Us go hunting now!!!!! Ha. I did find out that part The 16 stands for Ten. was the 16 state to enter the united states. But that is all I could find out, I thank its been so long I was about to give up. Would like to know if its Civil War related.
    Civil War Nut

No help here CWN but it's really a neat fob thumbsup01

I googled Elastica floor watch fob and then hit images and the two that I see are the Ty Cobb one (1920'S) and the Great Seal one (probably newer than 1920). Yours seems much older since it is not perfectly made. Also Google books popped up and they digitize old magazines, and the earliest add for it that I could find was back in 1909 and in the add it said they have perfected the finish backed by 40 years of experience, so that would put it back to 1869. Here is the advertisment on that.

http://books.google.com/books?id=xro...;q&f=false

Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    I googled Elastica floor watch fob and then hit images and the two that I see are the Ty Cobb one (1920'S) and the Great Seal one (probably newer than 1920). Yours seems much older since it is not perfectly made. Also Google books popped up and they digitize old magazines, and the earliest add for it that I could find was back in 1909 and in the add it said they have perfected the finish backed by 40 years of experience, so that would put it back to 1869. Here is the advertisment on that.

http://books.google.com/books?id=xroUAAAAYAAJ&pg=RA4-PA317&lpg=RA4-PA317&dq=elastica+floor+finish+started+in& source=bl&ots=ckOZ7v6c8t&sig=q9HNQg8F9P244 O4kAfGgqcxD0sw&hl=en&ei=xV5VTc3LC4_4gAfKju GeDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&amp ;resnum=2&ved=0CBoQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q& f=false
    Civil War Nut

Cool fob !! happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire