Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: My Latest with White's Electronics!

UPDATE: My Latest with White's Electronics!

Howdy Folks!
    I had an interesting talk with Carl at White's concerning my V3i.
    Mine was the very first V3 sold in the state of Colorado.
    It had to be returned to Sweet Home shortly after I got it because of audio issues.
    Later on, another problem caused me to send it back yet again for repair. While it was at the factory, they upgraded my machine to the V3i standard.

After I got it back, it worked pretty good, but not up to the expectations of greater depth and accuracy over other machines. But I was getting results, and bring home some gold and silver with the V3i, so I wasn't too unhappy. Then somebody suggested doing a master reset on my machine, and it hosed it up real proper. It became nothing but noise, and mostly unusable for detecting coins or other items of interest.

Anyhow, I spoke with Carl and talked about my V3i experience and he said they'd take care of my issues. I expect it will be going back to Sweet Home on Monday, and Carl assured me it would be made right. If my own machine can't be made right, they'll replace it.

I am overwhelmed with how Carl told me they'd take whatever steps necessary to satisfy my V3i expectations. Others in Colorado, like Jack and Sarge, both own V3i machines. They can run theirs much hotter than I am able, reaching gains up to 18, where I have only been able to run at maybe 4 on a good day. Even when I tried to load other programs from people getting remarkable depth, I never found anything below 4 or 5 inches.

To know that White's will take care of this particular issue, and satisfy this particular customer, is outstanding. I am really appreciative of Carl, and what he had to say over the phone. I told him I'd be sending a couple of coils to make certain the problem isn't with them, and he told me they'd take a look at them and replace them if they aren't up to standards.

My attitude about White's customer service has always been good. But what Carl told me convinced me that they are totally great.

I am looking forward to sending in my machine and when the issue is resolved, hope and expect to have a top notch machine that I can rely on to make those outstanding finds I've always enjoyed with White's detectors.

All I can say right now is, I am impressed. And I ain't easily impressed!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Re: My Latest with White's Electronics!

Hope they can fix it up like it is supposed to work....like a top of the line detector.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

their customer service is hard to beat and they stand behind their products 100% glad everything will be straightened out Mel and let us know how it works when you get it back.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

glad to hear some good news with any luck you will shortly have your machime back and in top notch condition
    Loving my God, Being a husband and father, Detecting every chance I get!

Great news Mel. I really think that you're going to get some extra special attention from those folks thumbsup01

Rich

I'm glad you finally are getting it fixed Mel. I've had excellent luck tweaking and everything with my V3i, I ended up making a custom setup for relics too besides the custom setup for coin's and jewelry. If it comes back anything like mine you'll be very happy I'm sure. I don't turn my gains way up on mine that often cause the thing finds coins way down there the way I have it set. You can really crank it up if you want to though in my opinion it's really not needed. I personally run mine with the same basic settings as Magic's Program but I have different audio settings similar to the stock coin/jewelry settings.

That's great they are taking care of you Mel. Whites has always taken care of me. I will share a little secret with you Mel. I am still running the 1.1 Version of the firmware on my Vision Mine was #17 by the way. I decided not to upgrade do to the fact it is working so well. &quotshocked04:n't fix it, if it's not broke. is a motto I really like.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Mel...I've always know Carl to be a straight-up guy. I'm glad to see that he's taking care of your machine.

In your pic, I see that you kept the original Vision decal. I did too. Mine is #16, but I've had the i mod installed.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Mel I am glad that white's is going to fix or replace your V3i. I hunt with a crew that have Garrett's and MXT-Pro's and I am always finding targets deeper with my V3i. As a matter of course when they get a deep whisper signal, we always run my V3i over it to confirm it. Once you get your V3i back, and it is working correctly, your MXT-Pro will become you second machine. Carl is the best and White's service is second to none.
    V3i DX-1, D2, 6x10, 4x6, Super-12, 10x14DD

that's very good news Mel,you'll have it b back in no time and finding that gold and silver again
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Veteran Member

happydance02 sounds like your getting the homeboy hookup..........
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Glad you got them to go over it with a fine tooth comb I hope it ends well. It has such potential for a machine when working correctly. Let us know when you get it back and how well it works.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Mine was #17 by the way.
    How do you tell?
    Is it the last 3 digits of the serial number?
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

You cannot beat whites service and Carl is a good person. When you get your machine back from sweet home you know it will be right. thumbsup01
    Whites mxt sunray probe stock coil 6×10 4×6 Minelab Etrac Garrett pro pointer and other stuff

good to hear whites is taking care of you, i hope it has a happy ending.

glad to hear this Mel!
    *****IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING GOOD*****

I do believe whites does care about customer satisfaction I have a DFX that is 4-5 years old and they treat me like I just bought it thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Let's hope it comes back in as full health as a 1500 dollar machine should be this time. You must have spent over $50 having to send it back to Whites the last two times. CS is great if if products are fixed, and stay fixed longer than yours has been, otherwise you're simply supporting USPS/UPS/FEDEX. I am naturally negative about great customer service when it automatically costs $25+, multiple times. My opinionWhites should have replaced that unit with a new one, or offered reimbursement for the shipping those other times. I sure seem to read a lot of occurrences for V3i units having to be shipped back, and THAT is costly, good CS or not.

I am looking forward to your field tests on depth when you get it back Mel. martin

Quote Originally Posted by MartinL View Post
    Let's hope it comes back in as full health as a 1500 dollar machine should be this time. You must have spent over $50 having to send it back to Whites the last two times. CS is great if if products are fixed, and stay fixed longer than yours has been, otherwise you're simply supporting USPS/UPS/FEDEX. I am naturally negative about great customer service when it automatically costs $25+, multiple times. My opinionWhites should have replaced that unit with a new one, or offered reimbursement for the shipping those other times. I sure seem to read a lot of occurrences for V3i units having to be shipped back, and THAT is costly, good CS or not.

I am looking forward to your field tests on depth when you get it back Mel. martin
    I kinda agree with you Martin. I don't mind sending it back once, because it is a very intense piece of electronics and anything can go wrong, I guess. Twice?? Only if I really love the company lol 3x without compensation?? No way rofl Give me something, at least a certificate for some free stuff, or at least a pick up label from UPS. I would be asking that of my Minelab if it needed to go back after the first time.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Veteran Member

Keep Us posted Mel !! I'll be interested what they find out .
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1