Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Day silver

Candidate Member

Re: Cold Day silver

Not much snow hear but the ground is froze up.
    Might warm up this weekend for a quickie.
    Nice silver

HH
    BIG JOHN
    To Have The Best You Have To Make It Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post

coinnut, is the cold really harmful to the machines? I know the display used to do that on my ACE250, but I haven't had my other detectors out in the cold as much. It's terrible here today... 21 degrees, snowing, and the winds are howling. I thought I lived in the south?
    Hey Angie, The cold is definitely not good for the machine. Although my DFX recovered it did worry me for a while. These machines are really not designed to be in 20 degree weather. They may tolerate it from time to time, but I bet it has an overall effect on the longevity. I'm sure somewhere the manufacturer states what the minimum operational temperature is. Remember when Del and I go out, it could be 8 hours in the freezing cold. So, short term exposure may not be so bad. It's not worth losing the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Hey Angie, The cold is definitely not good for the machine. Although my DFX recovered lol it did worry me for a while. These machines are really not designed to be in 20 degree weather. They may tolerate it from time to time, but I bet it has an overall effect on the longevity. I'm sure somewhere the manufacturer states what the minimum operational temperature is. Remember when Del and I go out, it could be 8 hours in the freezing cold. So, short term exposure may not be so bad. It's not worth losing the investment.
    Angie i'm actually looking forward the cold hunts because when his machine craps out like it did , the coppers are at my mercy and the pathetic sad puppy dog look he gets is priceless (the trick is to bring a can of compressed air with ya and when George ain't looking spray the circuts really good ) ya it must be the cold affecting the machine George, aww thats to bad man

there are some machine covers that do help in the cold somewhat , i just ordered one from Thesaurus accessories they make a military grade cover that is actually insulated and i'm looking to see how much of a difference it will make .

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Angie i'm actually looking forward the cold hunts because when his machine craps out like it did , the coppers are at my mercy and the pathetic sad puppy dog look he gets is priceless (the trick is to bring a can of compressed air with ya and when George ain't looking spray the circuts really good ) ya it must be the cold affecting the machine George, aww thats to bad man

Dan
    You're such a juvenile

How did I get in the middle of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    How did I get in the middle of this?
    I don't know I think I can't detect fever is starting to get to us I don't know if I can go all winter without swinging a machine. I may have to do that cellar trick myself

My explorer 11 has been in my tuuck year round for over 2 years so if i get a chance to hunt i con go and it has allways worked fine I have used it at 10 below and had to use a pick to dig the frozen ground .Can't go without detecting at least once a week even in winter.
    ctx 30-30 e-trac excel 1000 explorer 2