Thread: Filter Question

Candidate Member

Filter Question

I am new to the V3i and muddling my way through all the programs and settings and I have a question.

I am primarily a relic hunter and I notice the preset Relic program uses the 10 Hz BP for normal to brisk sweeps in high ground mineralization. Well, I live in south louisiana and there is no mineralization so I am wondering if I should change the filter to 5 Hz BP. I realize the manual says I would have to use a slower sweep speed. Would this be a better setting for hunting in non mineralized ground with the V3i ? Any help would be apprecfiated.

Re: Filter Question

Go to the 5BP. Stuff sinks more in LA soil and you want ann the depth you can get. martin

Candidate Member

Thanks for the help!

I'd love to hunt in non mineralized soil. I didn't even know it existedthinkingabout:?
    Good Luck
    Vision V3i upgraded, DX-1, 4x6, 6x10, 5.3, 12, propointer
    Coin count 2012
    1 silver dime, 1 buffalo nickel, 2 dollar coins
    72 Quarters, 126 dimes, 31 nickels, 305 pennies

The 5Hz filters will almost always get you deeper. They do require a slower physical swing speed however. I am not a relic hunter, but may be someone will chime in with their observations. Good luck!

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Proper ground filter depends on ground mineralization and swing speed and EMI. So if you are a faster swinger, :: or don't have any EMI where you hunt. Then 5 bp may not be the right one for you.