Thread: Five Silver Afternoon

Five Silver Afternoon

It wasn't uncomfortably cold today, so I took a drive out to one of the CT parks. When I arrived there I began working the outside of the park, an area facing the road. But I soon decided to head toward one of the fields. As I was considering moving to the field a vehicle stopped near me. It was Bruce. He was itching to swing his E-Trac. Apparently we both have the same ailment, silvernitis mustahaveit.

I waited for Bruce to park his car and then we walked out to the field where we chatted for a bit. He then remained at that location while I walked over to the area I wanted to hit. There was plenty of trash to deal with there, but I worked it slowly and managed to dig up five silver coins - three mercury dimes, dated 1923, 1940-D and 1941, a 1964 Washington quarter, and a 1928 standing liberty quarter. I also picked up a nice sterling silver pin. It's the size of a dime.

The standing liberty quarters sure are beautiful coins. They do make for sweet finds, though I would never complain about finding a 1964 quarter.

Three more mercury dimes added to the pile.

Now I'm looking forward to the weekend!

HH!

Re: Five Silver Afternoon

Yea we chatted for a bit and he went off to yet another Silver field Good job Angel and I thought I did here at a distance a few yelps of joy..

wow did ya leave any for Bruce or what Angel your gonna hit 450 without a doubt man.

i don't know Bruce i think you should stop hanging around this guy he don't seem to be sharing .

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    Yea we chatted for abit and he went off to yet another Silver field Good job Angel and I thought I did here at a distance a few yelps of joy..
    I told you that hill had more silver.

I thought for sure you would pull some silver from that other location. It's where I dug up one of the Walkers and several mercury dimes. I'm sure there is more there. It is a large area.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    wow did ya leave any for Bruce or what Angel your gonna hit 450 without a doubt man.

i don't know Bruce i think you should stop hanging around this guy he don't seem to be sharing .

We were detecting at opposite sides of the park, though I think Bruce may have heard my loud yes! when I pulled the Standing Liberty quarter.

You know, I doubted I would make 450, but now I'm daring to hope.

Excellent finds as usual.

Fine huntin' guys, and sweet score on the silver q's Angel

Veteran Member

Nice silver Angel. My final guess for the year: 462
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Great digs!
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Nice finds ,keep em coming.H.H. Yazoo

Angel you should really consider a name change to The Silver Assassin

Great looking digs Angel! Congrats on the silver and especially the SLQ!

Nice hunt Angel....umm Bruce where's your stuff ?? You should have set up your ultra sleek spy camera and watched Angel like a hawk Then I could have stolen his secrets from you Glad you guys got out to hunt. I'm hoping Saturday is bearable

Nice work. I'd love to find a SLQ. That one's even sweeter by the fact that you can read the date.
    I think we could start a contest for 2010 where we all guess how many silver coins Angel will dig up.
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28