Thread: Ground probe.

Veteran Member

Ground probe.

I have usually just used the turn on and go with my V3i but I am wondering if someone could tell me how the ground probe and frequency offsets features work? And when are the right times to use them. I have got a lot of questions but im going to start here, thanks in advance for your help!

Veteran Member

Re: Ground probe.

im looking forward to getting a good answer myself because i have no idea about this..
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

I have not used the ground probe hardly at all, but I have a video I shot last year that demonstrates the use of the frequency offset...

V3a.wmv

If you click the 4 little outward pointing arrows in the lower right hand corner of the embedded video it will go full screen and give a little clearer view.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

If I'm not mistaken then I think they determined that the ground probe results were inaccurate and you just have to adjust your machine until you can hunt with it without to much ground noise. It was suppose to read ground mineralization and suggest settings.
    One find at a time.

The ground probe was a very good indication of a bad D2 coil. When the null shifted this was a great way to tell. Interesting.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer