Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you had 2000.00 and wanted a new detector

Re: If you had 2000.00 and wanted a new detector

.....Well I hope you hit it Martin... ..until then I'll hold my breath........... <}........
    Diggin' the past, teaching my Son's for the future........ www.EFTHA.com

Quote Originally Posted by RWJR13 View Post
    .....Well I hope you hit it Martin... ..until then I'll hold my breath........... <}........
    So you do want me to include you on my list for an Etrac when the pick6 rolls in my direction ;-)

I would enjoy seeing the AT Pro in action, they sound like winners so far. Let me know if you ever have a planned hunt in N. Dallas, Richardson or even further north. I still want that stuff for the v3i. You have my e-mail address. martin

I would stay away from the v3... seems it's 90 % nightmares.....
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Just a review I found so you all dont think I am rofl

AT Pro sets a new higher bar
    Detector in Dodge City, KS -
    I've used many of detector in my 30+ years of metal detecting, and enjoy trying all the different models. Every now and then I find a detector that sets a new height in the bar of standards, and the AT Pro has done just that.<br /> <br /> All new detector seem to be subject to close scrutiny and so they should be. The AT Pro is not without fault, but, greatness often gets misunderstood. My AT Pro exhibits the coil issue I've seen others call a faulty coil but I'm not fully convinced that it is indeed a faulty coil, or just the nature of the beast. All my other detectors exhibit the same false'ing when adjust to be very very sensitive. The AT Pro by default is very very sensitive.<br /> <br /> I had my AT Pro from box to front yard testing in 20 minutes. It hit every target in my test garden accurately and easily. I did some air testing and was amazed at the AT Pro's sensitivity to gold. Nothing less than amazing. It hit on 14k gold rings at greater than 12. Absolutely NONE of my other detectors have come close to that depth on gold period.<br /> <br /> I did a good head-to-head with my E-Trac in the city park and the AT Pro could see every coin the E-Trac saw even at the E-Tracs limits. I will say the E-Trac did give a more accurate TID and tone ID, but time with the AT Pro would undoubtedly narrow that ratio. The AT Pro was far superior in depth on gold than the E-Trac.<br /> <br /> The AT Pro has very good recovery time and even helped recover 2 deep old coins that the E-Trac could only see from one direction. The AT Pro hit well from all sides. I also attribute a nice gold bracelet found at a tot lot to the AT Pro's fast recovery. It was found 3 away from a metal swing poll and had been there for some time as it had dirt packed in the lettering. We had hunted this tot lot many many times with many different detector and had missed this one. Probably due to being masked by the metal poll.<br /> <br /> I think Garrett has a real winner in the AT Pro and the others will be playing catch up. The task now for competitors is to produce this quality of performance at the same price.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry but sounds like more Ford vs Chevy chit chat... lol

Jack said a mouthful...Learn what you got at your disposal and you will do great...don't learn it and you will find reason to whine and pout all the time. There are still guys using 25+ year old machines that could kick most anyones tail using whoever's technology cause they are one with their machine. Opinions are like belly-buttons and everybody's got one... do the time with the machine and you will find stuff.

On the programmable machines start with the factory settings and put a good 100 hours in so you can see the differences when you tweak a setting. Don't change 50 things and wonder why you cannot find anything anymore when you don't know why you changed something in the first place.

The more technical the machine the slower you better take it till you know how to use each setting individually then with the in relation to the other settings. Even the turn on and go knob machines need your undivided attention when starting to truly understand the language they are using to talk to you.

All the machines are basically great that is why you have M6 users (and others with other brands) for example not spending more money to buy some higher dollar machine...

To each his own...just keep it fun, and if the machine makes it frustrating or makes you feel like your missing something then get something else..if you don't believe in your hardware, your finsihed you just don't know it yet.

Most important put your coil over targets or it really does not matter what machine you use... lol

Happy Hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    I would wait another 6 months and save some more, and by both the V3, and the Etrac. It's not all about the detector you choose to swing. Irregardless of your choice, you have to dedicate yourself to learning the machine. Hunting technique is more important. I know the potential of the V3. I see what E-Trac users dig up, and know it's capability. It's all about dedication to the craft at this level. If you think the right machine is all that is standing between you and great finds, you are mistaken. just get one of them and do the work.
    I would wait another 6 months and save some more, and by both the V3, and the Etrac.

That would be sweet Jack! The V3i is fun! I give the V3i shots at times, but it is a surprising machine once tuned. I am getting better because of the support here, and by personally slowing way down, plus by not fiddling with it a lot . Having an Etrac too would be the bee's knees, as Mel would say ;-)

I went side by side with an e-trac recently with my V3 and it seen ever signal that the e-trac seen with acurate results....I have been useing the V3 for about 2 years now...At first it was frustrating...I would shelf it an go back to old reliable XLT.....But eventually I got use to the V3 and have never looked back. I have pulled barber dimes from at least 8+ inches knowing I was digging silver....granted i did have to build a program in the machine to do this.....I like the V3 and have not even upgraded it to the V3i.......If you don't get used to a machine you will not be happy with none of them that are on the market.