Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lets see your best find of 09

Re: lets see your best find of 09

WOW! Awesome finds made by all of you. I found nothing earth shattering other than a few pieces of silver. Well done to you all. thumbsup01
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Quote Originally Posted by hoser View Post
    WOW! Awesome finds made by all of you. I found nothing earth shattering other than a few pieces of silver. Well done to you all. thumbsup01
    well Bill don't leave us in suspense man show us what YOU think is your best find this year .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Like Hoser I really did not find anything earth shattering this year. :-\ I did have a very good year for finds (for me at least) and I think my favorite coin was a 1910 Canada Dime. Though it is not really special it was a first for me! It was part of my dime hat-trick on my first hunt with the Etrac.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

OK Del you asked for it. Here is my 1933 50$ gol.......ugh never mind Really the one find that I liked the most was my 1883 IH. That is the first pre 1900 coin I have found. Sure hope it ain't the last.
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Quote Originally Posted by MNDigger View Post
    Like Hoser I really did not find anything earth shattering this year. :-\ I did have a very good year for finds (for me at least) and I think my favorite coin was a 1910 Canada Dime. Though it is not really special it was a first for me! It was part of my dime hat-trick on my first hunt with the Etrac.
    Steve thats a great looking trifecta of dimes , and yes i like the canadian silver as well. congrats my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by hoser View Post
    OK Del you asked for it. Here is my 1933 50$ gol.......ugh never mind Really the one find that I liked the most was my 1883 IH. That is the first pre 1900 coin I have found. Sure hope it ain't the last.

hey congrats on that first pre-1900 coin and she's pretty , very nice full liberty on that one Bill . thanks for showing her.

The posted coins are some very beautiful finds made this year. thumbsup01

It's hard to say which find this year is my best, but I do like this one, a 1892-S Barber dime. It has a fairly low mintage of 990,710.

that is a great semi-key first year barber for sure Angel , superb coin to have in any collection huge congrats .

My best find to me was back in March. My best because It's my oldest. I broke the 1900 barrier in Feb. with an IH penny. But I found this 1893 V Nickel in March. It's not in the best of shape. I had to get it wet for it to even show any detail to the camera. It was indeed a thrill digging something that old.

Thanks for looking.

OK, Ok... I give in. The year is ALMOST over and I had a tough time deciding on which item was the best. It was a toss up between the Massachusetts Cent I use as my avatar, and a colonial (or post colonial) wax seal I really like. I picked the seal since I would probably never find one this detailed again. I have a better chance of finding another Mass coin than a seal this nice. But Dan, next time make it show your best 5 finds lol.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SpringTxDigger View Post
    My best find to me was back in March. My best because It's my oldest. I broke the 1900 barrier in Feb. with an IH penny. But I found this 1893 V Nickel in March. It's not in the best of shape. I had to get it wet for it to even show any detail to the camera. It was indeed a thrill digging something that old.

Thanks for looking.
    that coin is a great accomplishment SpringTxDigger anytime you break into another century it is quite a feat , something i'd be very proud of especially when its a first of something .Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    OK, Ok... I give in. The year is ALMOST over and I had a tough time deciding on which item was the best. It was a toss up between the Massachusetts Cent I use as my avatar, and a colonial (or post colonial) wax seal I really like. I picked the seal since I would probably never find one this detailed again. I have a better chance of finding another Mass coin than a seal this nice. But Dan, next time make it show your best 5 finds lol.
    George that is truely a unique find and after seeing it up close the detail that is cut into the glass is amazing stretcher: . yes sorry about only posting your best but i was curious to see that one item that everyone picked to be their best.

I have two favorites from this past year.. The first I wear everyday for luck and the second one almost stopped my heart:
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    I have two favorites from this past year.. The first I wear everyday for luck and the second one almost stopped my heart:
    those are great Bruce but for this thread i'm asking ya to chose one , which one is it going to be my friend and why

Okay, Okay, man I despise rules LOL.. I'll have to go with the Silver Baseball Religious pendant. Baseball and the RedSox are a huge part of my life and it connects so.... Everyone's posts are great and more success to all in 2010!
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Okay, Okay, man I despise rules LOL.. I'll have to go with the Silver Baseball Religious pendant. Baseball and the RedSox are a huge part of my life so.... Everyone's post are great and more success to all in 2010!
    Bruce i can see why they would be two very hard items to chose from both are very sweet finds but i think you made the right one my friend . congrats on the baseball religious medallion thumbsup01

lol lol sorry to make ya chose Bruce but in the imortal words of Red Foreman its about the rules and without the rules we might as well be up in the trees flinging crap at each other like monkeys lol lol

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by SpringTxDigger View Post

Thanks for looking.
    Not in the best of shape, but a really nice find. I too love to find coins that break the 1900 barrier, as rare as they are.... it is the feeling of digging up something that was dropped so long ago, and knowing you were the next person to handle it.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    That is fantastic George. I love it!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1

Okay, Okay, man I despise rules LOL.. I'll have to go with the Silver Baseball Religious pendant. Baseball and the RedSox are a huge part of my life and it connects so.... Everyone's posts are great and more success to all in 2010!
    Two fantastic finds... would be almost impossible to pick. I want to find something that means enough to me to wear it every day. I hope 2010 is as good to you!

boy oh boy you drive a hard bargain.after eenie meenie miny moeing for the last 10 mins :bangahead01: over my 1827 LC, rev war pewter USA button and the civil war buckle
    i guess this is my choice.....drum roll please... rofl
    my civil war union officers sword belt eagle buckle
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    boy oh boy you drive a hard bargain.after eenie meenie miny moeing for the last 10 mins :bangahead01: over my 1827 LC, rev war pewter USA button and the civil war buckle
    i guess this is my choice.....drum roll please... rofl
    my civil war union officers sword belt eagle buckle
    only ten minutes would of taken me alot longer lol lol, both the relics are top notch in my book Dave very cool finds