Thread: Still Hunting..

Still Hunting..

It's so cold out there and today we had rain.. I do miss the nice warm hunting weather but it will come back. I was thinking as my hands and feet were frozen, what am I doing out here? I guess it's from the same disease we all suffer from.. Went to the spot I've been lucky at hitting the Merc's and Wheaties. Found five more today in the wet cold. No Silver but I'll take these Wheats..

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Re: Still Hunting..

Glad to see you can still get out Bruce! Like I always told Dale if I can dig I will detect in almost any condition or temp!

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    It's so cold out there and today we had rain.. I do miss the nice warm hunting weather but it will come back. I was thinking as my hands and feet were frozen, what am I doing out here? I guess it's from the same disease we all suffer from.. Went to the spot I've been lucky at hitting the Merc's and Wheaties. Found five more today in the wet cold. No Silver but I'll take these Wheats..
    Nice group of wheats, Bruce. I would take them too. thumbsup01

Is there much snow on the ground and fields? I really don't like detecting when there is snow on the ground, but I may get out sometime this week if the temperatures are high enough.

Too bad there is not a 'shivering smiley'... I am sitting here inside, watching a freezing rain fall (two inches of snow earlier) and there is no way I would go out MD'ing in this. Shoveling was bad enough... brrrrrrrr...... RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Nice group of wheats, Bruce. I would take them too. thumbsup01

Is there much snow on the ground and fields? I really don't like detecting when there is snow on the ground, but I may get out sometime this week if the temperatures are high enough.
    Hit the spots under the trees. The ground is frozen except for under trees. I would say there is around 2 inches of snow then frozen ground. Maybe next weekend it will be better..
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Nice bunch of Wheaties. Were you able to read the dates? Some of them look pretty worn!
    That's a good idea to hunt in the tree well. Maybe I can take my MD with me when I visit Idaho in the winter.
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28

Not a bad hunt. Some more wheats for the pile. What do you got, a million of them by now?? It is harder to hunt when it's crappy out
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

good job on the wheats Bruce , little nippy out there huh . how deep were the wheats ??
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Good job on the wheaties. Sure wish I could still get out but alas, that won't happen unless we get a January thaw. It was in the 30's here this last weekend and we lost a lot of snow. It went from 12-14 down to about 8, and now we have 1-3 headed this way. >:\
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Glad you were able to get out. Cold sucks.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    good job on the wheats Bruce , little nippy out there huh . how deep were the wheats ??
    They were all shallow, 2-3 inches and every hit I was hoping for some Silver.. Went out with my old friend the DFX and bonded again..There's more Silver here I can smell them.. I have found quite a few Wheats this year, not quite a million but love every one of them.. Gotta love the Wheats!!
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    Went out with my old friend the DFX and bonded again..
    don't do that Bruce you'll make that e-trac jealous for sure and the next time you use it , it won't perform like it should . lol

just ask Coinnut happened to him it turned on him like a jilted lover ,then he had to send it in to lose its grudge it had on him . lol lol they are possesive machines that want all you attention and don't like to share
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

don't think a five gallon bucket of wheaties would get me out in that kinda weather-your a tough one-I get cold at temps in the 60s-too many yrs in Fl and now east Tx
    knowledge that isn't passed on is wasted

You East Coast guys are hard core compared to this wimpy California boy!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.