Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Forum Has Gotten So Slow...

Re: This Forum Has Gotten So Slow...

Just hold onto your seat Martin! I have a feeling you are going to be seeing some amazing finds posted on this forum in the coming weeks The amount of detecting knowledge and experience on this forum is second to none. Everyone here is friendly and helpful. Get away from your computer and get out and dig! That amazing find could be in the next plug
    Having fun is what it is all about!

The response on this thread is what this forum is all about. Thank you Martin for posting your thoughts and perceptions. I can tell by your follow up post that you are a stand up kind of guy. I respect that. We have a great bunch of folks here that are kind enough to make American Detectorist a part of their regular routine. We are fortunate. What Angel has accomplished is not just the start of a new metal detecting forum, but the laying of a foundation for a community of passionate and dedicated detectorist to share the knowledge that will lead us all to better finds, and further the enjoyment of the craft. As you all know our finds don't come easy. We have to work at conjuring them out of the ground where they lay buried. Along with the old coins, relics, and rings we dig a lot of rusty bits of iron, pull tabs, and aluminum shards. We even dig up toads in our quest. lol The concept is realy quite simple if you think about it. The hunt is an ebb and flow, as is the content of a good forum that is based in reality.

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

This is a great forum. I try to check it every day. I have learned almost every thing I know from this forum. Everyone that I have asked anything as been very helpful. They have taken a complete newbie and had him digging silver in no time. THANKS AD.

LEROY
    2011 Silver count 30 first year detecting

Personally ,,,I think this forum is just right!! Nice amount of activity,,,lots of coin finds and relic finds,,,,I ain't going back to that other place,,,,THIS is home <: <: <: <: <: <:
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

I feel your frustrations Martin,at times it seems like a popularity contest on the replys,but i have to admit,i left the other site to come here and be free to discuss topics just like yours and discuss other tectors pros and cons,without the fear of being kicked off for just mentioning a different companys equipment...I try to post on most of everybodys finds and try to say positive things about them,the level of expertise of the members here is at all kinds of different levels,so what may be a nice day out for one person ,might not compare with the ones others might have on a daily basis,I have to agree,it seems you have a case of Cabin Fever and computer itis,I say take two hunts and call us in the morning and see if you don't feel better...I have had lots of three replys on my posts and i have to think that it was not that exciting as some of the others i posted...I think the Mods are doing a great job ,hang in there things will get better as more guys start tecting more,Dave
    Life Is Short,Make everyday Count,Go for the Gold!

With the amount of regular people on this forum, i am sure that things will pickup,i personally can't post finds i haven't found yet.My detectinging time has dimminished because of other obligations. Not to mention i haven't found anything to post that i haven't posted before on the other forum. Also i joined a dullards club that takes up a lot of leisure time.Thanks to lowjiber and dimeman ,i have been reading a lot about my mxt,The trouble with me is when i start reading,i get so relaxed i fall asleep and have to start from the first sentence all over again.The only thing i can retain lately is fluid. Hang in there there should be a lot more goin on in the coming months. thumbsup01
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

It is totally rockin' here now. I bet the logical reason for the slow days I felt was that people are THing, or other spring time activity, OR that I was personally guilty of over fishing the site here. All in all, this is still my first, and favorite MDing site that I visit each day, sometimes nights too. martin

I think if ya didn't want feedback on your finds.. You wouldn't waste your time taking pics, and posting them..

I look at the other place everyday... lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Maybe I should start posting again as I'm feeling guilty not doing so. I just come on and read then take off again. Shame on me see what you started MartinL are sure you and Angellionel aren't in cahootes just to get this site talking again even though it doesn't need it. rofl rofl rofl
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    The response on this thread is what this forum is all about. Thank you Martin for posting your thoughts and perceptions. I can tell by your follow up post that you are a stand up kind of guy. I respect that. We have a great bunch of folks here that are kind enough to make American Detectorist a part of their regular routine. We are fortunate. What Angel has accomplished is not just the start of a new metal detecting forum, but the laying of a foundation for a community of passionate and dedicated detectorist to share the knowledge that will lead us all to better finds, and further the enjoyment of the craft. As you all know our finds don't come easy. We have to work at conjuring them out of the ground where they lay buried. Along with the old coins, relics, and rings we dig a lot of rusty bits of iron, pull tabs, and aluminum shards. We even dig up toads in our quest. lol The concept is realy quite simple if you think about it. The hunt is an ebb and flow, as is the content of a good forum that is based in reality.

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    Ha Jack , must be talking about me , just last fall i dug up a toad as big as my hand , scooped out the dig and there he was in my hand alive and well.
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

I visit several, I enjoy helping new people like I was just about 3 years ago. Over here there is a lot of experience. I lurk very often here and if I have a serious question this is where I come. This forum helped me more than any other. Across the creek is a great place also as several others are. We all go to most all of them anyway I'm sure just to read. When people are asking me about stuff related to detecting this is the forum I send them too. Great forums can be intimidating to a lot of people. Many many centuries of detecting experience here............................................ Keep in mind too, all forums, every kind experience a slow down from the new year until spring, every kind.
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Hey Martin,
    some times I can feel the blues, too. 8)

I'm new to this forum and also member of couple other forums but for me this forum is great. People are friendly and very helpful. Thanks Tim (Il Digger) for telling and inviting me to this great site. Best of luck to all and like always HH. Mike
    Ace 250/Pro pinpointer,Totals 2012: 213 silver coins, 13 silver jewelry, 3 gold rings.