Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonial hunt with Del and 1147SILVER

Colonial hunt with Del and 1147SILVER

Dan, Steve and I went back to the large colonial that I had done well at the first time, but kinda skunked us the second time lol 3rd time is the charm It was definitely a bit chilly at 6:30 AM, but once you start detecting you realize you don't really need to feel your fingers in order to detect This one cellar hole seems to like me and it rewarded me well. For most of the hunt I had only 3 buttons. Picked up a couple more but not much else. Then the copper floodgates opened although spread apart, the next 4 good signals were coppers And at the very end I was given 6 flat buttons in the same hole So it was a real good copper day for me. I got to hand it to Steve and Dan...they only talked about me being missing for a short time . Thanks guys for not leaving me in the woods thumbsup01
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: Colonial hunt with Del and 1147SILVER

WOW! what are the coppers? yeah i couldn't feel my fingertips most of the morning great day ya had! CONGRATS!C thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Wow, pretty nice day...4 coppers on the 3rd trip with friends? I actually can't imagine there'd be anything left; especially with your friends!
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    WOW! what are the coppers? yeah i couldn't feel my fingertips most of the morning great day ya had! CONGRATS!C thumbsup01
    Thanks. They are all large cents probably newer Matron Head varieties. I'm thinking 1830's through 40's. Not gonna clean most of my stuff until later in the year when I get my blaster set up lol

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
    Wow, pretty nice day...4 coppers on the 3rd trip with friends? I actually can't imagine there'd be anything left; especially with your friends!
    Thanks Aaron. This site has given up 7 coppers so far, but we have hit all the key areas and it will be real rare to pull another copper from here. It will have to be in the boonies for one to survive.

YOU DA MAN!

It's kind of like hockey or poker George; you want to play with people that are slightly less skilled than you for a bit of advantage.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

It's kind of like hockey or poker George; you want to play with people that are slightly less skilled than you for a bit of advantage.
    rofl Ouch! rofl rofl Youz in big trouble now I wish that were the case, but I fear that retribution is on it's way soon :-\

hey , hey , hey now ... :-\
    i resemble that remark especially as of lately Aaron

i'm regretfully forced to stand while i type this in on the keyboard as my hined-end was kick in , beaten , thrashed and whipped so hard and was then handed back to me with extreme prejudice :white: :white: by my so called detecting buddy , thanks friend. lol rofl rofl

George huge congrats on a awesome day buddy and as lousey as a day i was having i was still hoping for you to get that 5th copper . next time you better not tell me you get more than two until after you get home or i'm leaving you in the woods to walk home lol rofl lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    hey , hey , hey now ... :-\
    i resemble that remark especially as of lately Aaron

i'm regretfully forced to stand while i type this in on the keyboard as my hined-end was kick in , beaten , thrashed and whipped so hard and was then handed back to me with extreme prejudice :white: :white: by my so called detecting buddy , thanks friend. lol rofl rofl

George huge congrats on a awesome day buddy and as lousey as a day i was having i was still hoping for you to get that 5th copper . next time you better not tell me you get more than two until after you get home or i'm leaving you in the woods to walk home lol rofl lol
    Things will turn around for ya Dan. I'm rootin for ya.

Hey Dan, where's the buttons dude?? Since I ain't cleaning any of mine for a while, I am relying on you to tell us what kind we found lol I think next week is your week.

lol lol

Very nice Would love to see cleaned photos of those coppers George.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Awesome hunt George! Four coppers in one hunt can really get the heart pumping, and they look like they will clean up well too.

Oh boy, I wasn't saying who was the better player, I was saying that hanging with a guy who has, or might have the same skill-set within a given task, has its downsides.......he'll I get my arse handed to me on a regular basis! just come to my house! <:

If anything, I have to give credit to Dan 'cause I never seen anyone with such staying power in the dirt.......you're like the Energizer Bunny and you keep smilin' the whole time..........wish I had that resilience and quality. I typically become frustrated, angry and a few other things......gimme my ball; I'm going home!

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    lol lol

As soon as I get the correct media for the blaster, I will post pictures in the cleaning section. Here's a picture of the blast cabinet. Now I have to find the right materials and test them on some of Del's good coins

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Awesome hunt George! Four coppers in one hunt can really get the heart pumping, and they look like they will clean up well too.
    It was unexpected from this place since targets are sparse to begin with.

If anything, I have to give credit to Dan 'cause I never seen anyone with such staying power in the dirt.......you're like the Energizer Bunny and you keep smilin' the whole time..........
    He did smile at me a lot, but the spinning eye balls were creepy stretcher: Dan never gives up that's for sure. He will be ready and waiting next weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh boy, I wasn't saying who was the better player, I was saying that hanging with a guy who has, or might have the same skill-set within a given task, has its downsides.......he'll I get my arse handed to me on a regular basis! just come to my house! <:

If anything, I have to give credit to Dan 'cause I never seen anyone with such staying power in the dirt.......you're like the Energizer Bunny and you keep smilin' the whole time..........wish I had that resilience and quality. I typically become frustrated, angry and a few other things......gimme my ball; I'm going home!
    relax Aaron , just having some fun with you lol lol and thanks for the compliments

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    lol lol

yes George we're all growing old waiting on you to clean these finds
    i told him today Angie that he's gonna p.o. some people by making them wait . atleast you could tell us the dates off the coins man

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    He did smile at me a lot, but the spinning eye balls were creepy stretcher:
    yup that was me using my mind control powers on you George to hand over those coppers but it didn't work...

you just strutted around the cellar hole , pecked at the ground and clucked like a chicken for an hour and a half lol rofl lol

on another note Steve was a good sport and it was great to finally get out with you on a hunt , please don't feel discouraged as it was a tough couple of spots , none of us had alot of finds. the G-man was just lucky enough to pass his coil over those coppers intead of you or i . as all but one were pretty shallow and screamers , i hope we can get out again Steve .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Incredible!
    Third time out was the ticket. . The LC's are just amazing on one hunt. You've got me thinking about a few of the less than productive places I've experienced. If I hit one twice with meager results... I tend to walk away. Maybe I need to give a few a third try.
    By the way you have some serious post production hardware. lol

Congrats George.

yes George we're all growing old waiting on you to clean these finds
    rofl yeah it's been like what 2 weeks since I started not cleaning them lol Relax dude

the G-man was just lucky enough to pass his coil over those coppers intead of you or i
    Yeah It's all luck for sure rofl

Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post
    You've got me thinking about a few of the less than productive places I've experienced. If I hit one twice with meager results... I tend to walk away. Maybe I need to give a few a third try.
    By the way you have some serious post production hardware. lol

Congrats George.
    Never give up on a site too early. We have had many of them not produce, or just produce a little, on the first 2 or 3 trips. I'm hoping to get that equipment up and running soon. It will make cleaning them a lot easier lol Hopefully better too.

Very nice hunt George! Cant wait to see how those coppers turn out. Curious to see how the sand blaster works out.
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    As soon as I get the correct media for the blaster, I will post pictures in the cleaning section. Here's a picture of the blast cabinet. Now I have to find the right materials and test them on some of Del's good coins
    That is an intimidating looking machine George. Are you sure you have a license to run that thing? lol
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Cool finding all those coppers
    Hope they clean up well heck of a hunt!