Thread: Not much for all day

Not much for all day

Hidy to all and hope all are OK. Went to a place yesterday all day thing, but didnt find much. This is close to where N.B.Forrest camped the 23 & 24 of Dec. 1863, and was waiting on two or three more groups to meet him there. Dont think I found where they camped exactly but found a lot of old home places . This is all I found at three of those places. old bell,,spout,, buckle,, buckshot,, three rimshot shells,, four buttons overall I guess,, part of old locket,, .54 cal. ball,, .57 cal. minie,, .54 cal. sharpes,, and another large cent, couldnt get a date out of it. It is not like the 1846 LC. I found a month ago, dont think yall can tell me what yall think. I put a picture of both of them side by side so yall can see , What yall think, Is it the same ? Thanks for looking and good luck hunting.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Civil War Nut
    V3, V3i, 4" 6" 8" (3) 10" 12" DD super coils

Re: Not much for all day

Nothing wrong with those finds
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Cool relics Earl.It's been so long since i found a large cent i almost forgot what they look like
    Hope you can find that CS buckle with NBF engraved on it.

Elite Member

Those are some good finds.

Your latest Large Cent is an older Matron Head, than your previous, bit larger with a larger woman on it. Don't call her fat, she doesn't like it lol
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by Evan/tn View Post
    Cool relics Earl.It's been so long since i found a large cent i almost forgot what they look like
    Hope you can find that CS buckle with NBF engraved on it.
    Hidy Evan. If I find anything with his name on it, you will be able to here me all the way to middle Ten. Might even smell me a little, Ha.
    Civil War Nut

Looks like a great hunt to me Congrats on the Large Cent. It is a Matron Head (1816-1836) Older than your other one for sure. Some good looking relics there thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Sure looks like a fun day to me. Been a long time since I dug a lg cent - actually I'm waiting for my first Good day for you, Steve in so az
    Fisher 1266X - Lesche digger
    Headband

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Looks like a great hunt to me Congrats on the Large Cent. It is a Matron Head (1816-1836) Older than your other one for sure. Some good looking relics there thumbsup01
    Thinks Cnut. I didnt thank of puting the mike to it. The one on the right 1846 is 1.074 in DA. The lift is 1.105 in Da.
    Civil War Nut

Nice items for sure !!
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire