Thread: New ground = new silver!!! Lucky triple 7!

New ground = new silver!!! Lucky triple 7!

background....

A couple months ago, before Sanborn changed thier password, I was studying some maps for a nearby town. One town I found had a public pool on a 30's-40's map. it was there as far back as the early 20's. Then I looked on Google Earth, and found the pool was still there, and the grassy area around it was still almost the same. But, being in another town I wasn't in any hurry to run over there when I have places just that old in my own town.

Today.... I had to get some presents to a friend up in Ponca City, so I decided I would take the back highway home and come through this town. I had my detector in the truck anyway. Now, I didn't think I would get the chance to hunt today, on the eve of the winter storm. I had a lot of errands but I decided to stop just to get a feel for the place. The size isn't big at all, maybe a decent sized home yard in area. I spent just maybe, 20-30 minutes here. I made 2 very slow strips over a small spot. The ground is butter-soft loam, with tree roots on the surface, so that means no fill.

My first hit was a surface clad dime within seconds of starting. One minute later I found a 1947 wheat at maybe 3 inches. Then a series of more surface clad dimes, followed by well worn but still beautiful 1917 merc from 4 - 5 inches. Then I got a great signal, right next to junk. I couldn't get a pinpoint seperation, then just on the other side I got another good signal but I could isolate it. I pulled out a 1927 Wheat. I gave up on the unknown, I'll dig out the trash then get the coin next trip. So all three coins ended in 7, which makes a lucky 777 for me!

The trash level is fairly light, and I didn't dig a single piece of junk during my quick cherry-picking hunt.

I will be hitting every square inch of this place, from every direction until I can't get any more out of it. Just have to work between the weather and my work schedule!

The dime is in both picks, but it's the same coin.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Re: New ground = new silver!!! Lucky triple 7!

Ooh how Nice! Good pulls for a winter hunt Jason.. Keep that site in mind because there is sure to be more there.. Nice short hunt for ya..

Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Great finds on your new site Jason bet you can't wait to get back there. thumbsup01
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Well there's a lesson in there somewhere lol If you think of a spot ---go get it!!! Glad no one beat you to it. I bet it's on your priority list now. Great little hunt. Happy for you that the ground was still soft. thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Veteran Member

Sweet! Its nice to see people still pulling silver this time of year. Looks like a great spot.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

I like that merc. It's a nice oldie. It sounds like that area will yield some more goodies, silver among them. The location would definitely be on top of my list. I hope you are able to get back there when you have some time to work it well.

hey i'm just glad to see someone pulling silver this late in the season , congrats Jason and hope you get alot more from this great sounding spot .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Congratulations on the finds! At least someone is still finding silver this season! A very nice older merc... definitely hit that place again!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Congrats on the nice old Merc!