Thread: I Can't Believe It !!!!

Threaded View

I Can't Believe It !!!!

It took us about a month to get permission to hunt this farm but we got the green light over the weekend. thumbsup01 We were trying to find were a 1800's home sat on this property down by the river.

We didn't have any luck down by the river so we asked the land owner if we could hunt around his house and he said sure. The first target was a silver Rosie! The second target was a shot gun brass. The third target was a funny signal. It had that sweet high tone to it but it was broken and the thresh hold was on and off I dug down to find a pair of finger nail clippers 8/ Before back filling the hole I rechecked the hole with the PPer and it was screaming Still something here! lol As I was swirling the PPer around in the hole I seen the edge of a 1948 silver quarter!! Rechecked the hole and it wasn't empty!I took out another scoop of dirt and seen MORE SILVER! Buried together with the quarter was a Mercury dime and a war nickle!! A short while later I got a double quarter spill!! Buried on top of the quarters was a piece of wire! You can see the black line across the two quarters in the picture. But the really fun hole was still to come! I got a funny signal that was primarily a dime signal that was littered with a scrappy low tone. But after the finds so far, I was up for digging all signals. lol I dug down and flipped the plug over and seen the edge of a silver half!! I reached in the hole to grab it. As I picked it up I seen what I've been waiting to see for the last 3 years, staring me right in the face! My first SLQ!!! happydance02 And they just kept coming!! After it was all said and done I dug 3 holes in a 12X18 area and pulled 1 Walking Liberty half, my first SLQ, 4 Mercs and 2 buffs !!! Wow !! I couldn't believe it!! My hands were shaking so bad I had to stop before pulling out the last two mercs! lol

A couple of pictures after the hunt before cleaning. I also think I found my first rosette lol

The total cleaned up!

Here's the rest of the finds. Minus the trash.
    Except the finger nail clippers that were laying on top of the 1948 quarter.

Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime