Thread: Relic hunt with 1147SILVER and RobW

Relic hunt with 1147SILVER and RobW

Had an chance to get together with 1147SILVER (Steve) and RobW for a marathon hunt. Started the day off early with Steve at some sites he found which were really nice sites. Evereyone else must have thought so too, since they were picked clean lol We did find some targets but just couldn't make a copper appear. In the afternoon got together with Rob at the site that has given me the 7 coppers total. Hit 2 other sites too, but just some buttons from them. But that first site really likes me and today was no different lol Slim pickins until I got a 11-47 hit on the E Trac. That's right Steve, I said 1147 lol Was thinking of you when I dug it. Expected a copper on angle but the target was too small, so I got the baby shown below I guess I just can't get my park finds and my cellar hole finds straight rofl Was good spending some time detecting with a couple of great guys |) |)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: Relic hunt with 1147SILVER and RobW

stretcher: wow you found that at the 7 copper site , very cool George . have i told you lately how much i hate you lol rofl

sure wish i could join you and the other gents today , i keep it up and Rob might get a complex , sorry Rob
    congrats on the silver and buttons buddy. thumbsup01
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Veteran Member

that is a beauty. Surprised it was 11-47, was there another target in the hole?
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    stretcher: wow you found that at the 7 copper site , very cool George . have i told you lately how much i hate you lol rofl
    I figured I would not be getting any of these . Pretty sure we both walked over this one before Right near a small tree form where the buttons were coming out. A stones throw from the cellar hole I think the angle made it easy to miss and the fact that it was against a main root didn't help either lol

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    that is a beauty. Surprised it was 11-47, was there another target in the hole?
    No other target, but at an angle against a good size root. Only about 5, but a nice smooth, but soft reading. If I wasn't going slow, I would have missed this one for sure.
    My machine was working good all day and then the numbers started to be off a bit. Had another signal about 10 feet away that read 09-46, 12-47, 11-45 and I thought for sure I had a copper on edge. Even called Rob over to witness lol Out popped a flat button Never had a flat button read that high before. There is a fair amount of iron littered around.

Wow! She is a beauty! A reading of 11-47 at such a site would have had my heart racing. lol It's great that you guys got together. thumbsup01

Very nice G! way to go man! thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Elite Member

It was good meeting up with George, hadn't met up with him since last season. First time cellar hole hunting with the E-Trac....definatly a horse of a different color

George felt BAD for me...since I hadn't found anything..and gave me a freebie...he found the target, called me over, I thought he just wanted to show me the signal, then he said dig and walked off. But it did give me an idea of what to look for.

I dug a lot of trash. And finally 2 buttons of my own. I did get a dime too.......1967 :bangahead01:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    It was good meeting up with George, hadn't met up with him since last season. First time cellar hole hunting with the E-Trac....definatly a horse of a different color

George felt BAD for me...since I hadn't found anything..and gave me a freebie...he found the target, called me over, I thought he just wanted to show me the signal, then he said dig and walked off. But it did give me an idea of what to look for.

I dug a lot of trash. And finally 2 buttons of my own. I did get a dime too.......1967 :bangahead01:
    don't let him take pity on you rob and he's got some nerve to pulled the ol' give you the clad dime while i get the seated silver trick huh. lol lol just kidding with ya . G is a good man and i'm glad you two got out to hit a cellar , hope you get another chance out with us both next time .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Elite Member

It would definatly be nice to finally get to meet you Dan!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    I guess I just can't get my park finds and my cellar hole finds straight rofl
    lol It just gos to show the old saying still holds true; You never know whats in the next hole!
    Thats a beauty G!! In good shape too! 11-47 does sound awful high Was it real shallow?
    Either way it's safe and sound with ya now! And thats all that matters thumbsup01 lol
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    11-47 does sound awful high Was it real shallow?
    It's just one CO number higher than the usual 12-46. That's what they usually read on my machine, sometimes 12-45. It was not that deep at around 5 and angled against the root. I probably won't get a lot of silver this year, but if I can keep scoring some from that era, I would be really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    but if I can keep scoring some from that era, I would be really happy.
    Oh! lol I bet you would be! And I can't blame ya lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

WOW That dime is a beauty George!!! happydance02 I have to get an Etrac and see what all these 11-47 numbers are all about thumbsup01
    Having fun is what it is all about!

What a beauty of a coin George!!!!! Great finds for sure <: <: <:
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Now that is a perfect 11-47 It is a beauty! But your E-Trac is confused George lol You go to parks and dig coppers and now you go to a cellar hole and dig silver lol

Congrats on a great hunt as usual!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250