Thread: Recovery Delay

Recovery Delay

Quick question. When the manual says a slower delay, or a longer delay...would a setting of 30 be slower than a setting of 100? Seems that the 1/t calculation enters into the V3i on at least one setting, can't remember which. Thanks. martin

Re: Recovery Delay

The higher the number the slower the delay. 100 is slower and longer than 30. Slower and longer recovery delays get you deeper coins.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Thanks. martin

You are quite welcome Martin.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Veteran Member

if you are into on the fly adjustments ..... if you are in an old area that is clean i turn up my delay .. and it has paid off. also with higher delay settings i slow down my swings ..hope this helps
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

I always have my delay at least on ninety all the time and higher at times. My swing has to be slow though in order for me to locate the target correctly. I have dug holes a foot in dia. and it still be in the side of the hole. Just don't how to use my detector i guess.
    One find at a time.

Candidate Member

Recovery Delay: The delay setting is set to anywhere from 40 to 110 with 40 being used for a really trashy area and 110 for very little trash. Usually start off around 65 to 85 and adjust from that point for the amount of trash in the ground. A longer delay setting will give the deeper targets a longer sound but it will make them easier to hear. The recovery delay is for the disc mode only. Recovery delay does pretty much what is being heard except as the signal received from the target decays on its slope if a stronger signalis received before the end of the original target signal, the stronger signal will take over and sound off. This would be for all targets regardless of being a higher conductive target or a lower conductor target. If the new target/signal goes above the signal threshold of the older target/signal, then the new one will respond before the old signal is finished. The down side is if then new signal is weaker than the one being processed it will not be heard until the recovery delay is finish or until a stronger signal is detected.
    This info comes from bob@ whites
    hope it helps you!
    What go's up must go down. What gets lost will get found.