Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six Silver - Six Coppers - 14 Indian Head Cents

Re: Six Silver - Six Coppers - 14 Indian Head Cents

Just incredible

I still can't believe the finds that you manage to pull from public parks That really is a dream hunt. Congratulations!

And six large coppers?!? The copper war is on! lol

It's too bad that token is not in better shape. That would have been worth some bucks I am sure
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    Fantastic Angel. |) That drive was well worth it. Those are beautiful coins, and the feeling of unearthing them must have been very rewarding feeling. Thanks for sharing your hunts. This is truly going to be a great year.

Jack
    Thanks Jack. I had a great time out there. It didn't all go smooth though. About three hours into the hunt my Killer B Headphones died on me right after digging up an Indian Head cent. I had a panic attack for a few a seconds before I remembered that I had a broken but duct-taped Gray Ghost headphones in my car trunk. lol The fit was uncomfortable, but they came through for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    Wow you pulled some goodin's!! |)
    Of course all the coins are outstanding especially the CC dime, Barber quarter and ALL THOSE LC's
    But that little skeleton key is just way cool in my book!! 8) Thats a really cool find !
    You sure are making up for some lost time
    Great 3 day !
    Congrats
    I like the skeleton key too. I don't remember finding one like it before.

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve View Post
    100 mile drive and no clad to help pay for gas rofl Great bunch of saves Angel I think George is right on the campaign token
    Clad coins were very few at this park. Apparently it gets hit often and so most clad is removed - except the zincolns. :bangshead02: I saw several telltale signs of plugs and rotted zincolns that had been tossed aside after being dug up. 8/ Why can't they just place them in their trash pouch?

Thanks for the photo of the campaign button!

Quote Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
    100 miles heh! sounds like your draining are mass parks. awesome hunt!. willy
    I'm just doing my part to rescue Lady Liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    wow does this post make me sick here i am just dying for a copper ready to bargain my very soul for one and you pull up six Angel ?? uh hold on on moment your amazing ... lol lol lol great three days and congrats on the silver too. that 1906 is a sharp looking coin . great i.d. on the campaign token George but the great picture to confirm was Steve so he gets the points .

Dan
    lol lol Hey, on a few of those coppers the Fe/Co numbers were hitting 11-47 and 11-48 when using the probe, so I thought for sure I had an old silver quarter. I had images of Seated or Capped Bust quarters dancing in my head. But I'll take coppers too, especially when they are in decent condition. Thanks Dan! thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    Wow, that's an amazing hunt Angel . Go for 1000 coppers as well
    lol Maybe after a lifetime. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Just incredible

I still can't believe the finds that you manage to pull from public parks That really is a dream hunt. Congratulations!

And six large coppers?!? The copper war is on! lol

It's too bad that token is not in better shape. That would have been worth some bucks I am sure
    Yeah, it would have been great if the token had been in better shape. But it's still a neat find though. Thanks Angie! thumbsup01

Elite Member

That's what dreams are made of...awsome as always Angel
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

I would say that is what dreams are made of but I don't even have dreams that big...

Incredible finds....just incredible....

WOW that is a great hunt. Big congrats on all of your finds |) You dig 6 coppers over the weekend that is impresive HH Mike
    Ace 250/Pro pinpointer,Totals 2012: 213 silver coins, 13 silver jewelry, 3 gold rings.

Yup, unbelievable. I hope to match my year with your weekend hunt! :white: |)
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

San Francisco, by way of Orange County, CA

8/ Man. Wow.

I couldn't imagine detecting a park that gives up large cents. That would be... nice

Hey Angel, awesome hunt. Incredible. I would have been freaking out too if I'd pulled a couple goodies from a park like that and then heard my headphones go quiet.

As a matter of fact, I use Killer B's too, and they can be funky at times, going quiet and choppy randomly.

Ahh, great post
    Jayson in San Francisco, swinging my dirty Ex. II

Nice barber and key ! great hunts for sure....
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

That was definitely worth a 100 mile drive!!!! Awesome finds Angel,,,,love the oldies
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Very nice indeed!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Man I would do anything to have a hunt like that. <: Nice ID on the campaign token Steve thumbsup01
    Whites M6, Eclipse 6X10 DD, Sunray DX-1