Thread: Christmas Silver

Christmas Silver

Had to get out for awhile today with my DFX to feed the detecting bug. Went back to the site I've been hitting Mercs and Wheats. The ground is frozen but I hit the areas around the tress and snow-less areas. Got lucky and found my 31st Silver for the year a 1941 Merc and two Wheaties, a '41 and '51.. Merry Christmas everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Re: Christmas Silver

Hey, I know the feeling of needing to go out lol Glad you got a silver before the ground freezes solid. Nice little hunt, bet no one bothered you
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Well, that is a very nice Christmas gift! Sounds like a nice place to hunt.

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Since I'm snowed in, I'm glad to see that somebody is getting out and finding silver. Great job, keep it up.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Bruce you diehard it wasn't to bad out today , i'm glad the ground wasn't frozen for ya.
    you and Angel are quite a pair one of these days we all got to get out together and do some damage on some park silver or on some colonial coppers . wtg on the silver merc sure hope its a mild winter for us in the northeast .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Bruce you diehard it wasn't to bad out today , i'm glad the ground wasn't frozen for ya.
    you and Angel are quite a pair one of these days we all got to get out together and do some damage on some park silver or on some colonial coppers . wtg on the silver merc sure hope its a mild winter for us in the northeast .

Dan
    Anytime you want to hit a park or two just say the word. That would be a fun time I'm quite sure.. The woods scare me so It will have to be a park.. I'm a park dweller lol
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Nice going, Bruce! Hopefully you will get another chance at silver this weekend. thumbsup01

SWEET Silver. WTG on the finds.

NICE silver in the dead of winter! thumbsup01 Congrats!!

Angel said it is supposed to be in the 40's on Sunday so maybe you can get back out for a day January and February sure can be long months.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Nice going on the silver Bruce! Glad to see you are still giving the ol DFX a work out now and then!

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo B

From the land of the Bluenose.....never get tired of looking at the Mercs. Hope to scoff a few on my trip to Maine this year!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!