Thread: 1 year ago today...

1 year ago today...

I received my first detector. An X 70, started buying all the coils for it and about April got a 705. Used it for a while along with the 70. Found a lot of stuff with them both. In June got an E Trac and have never looked back. Aquired three Sunray coils over the next 4 months, the Stealth X 5, X8, and the X12. I'm just slap tickled to death with this last year! In other words it's my birthday of metal detecting!!!!!
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Re: 1 year ago today...

Happy birthday (well sorta) Jack!! Hope you get a chance and post your first years finds thumbsup01 How do you like that x-5 coil? I have the 6x8 SEF and the 4.5x7 and haven't really found anything with them after I used the stock 11 coil Was wondering how you did with that 5 coil. Anyways.... happy detecting birthday
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Well happy birhtday... er.. anniversary... err... whichever you prefer!
    This hobby is simply a BLAST!

wow if you can last your first year , i'd say your a life-er now cause its going to be very a hard time to give up the hobby . lol WTG on your first year detecting Jack and welcome to the fold

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Happy birthday (well sorta) Jack!! Hope you get a chance and post your first years finds thumbsup01 How do you like that x-5 coil? I have the 6x8 SEF and the 4.5x7 and haven't really found anything with them after I used the stock 11 coil Was wondering how you did with that 5 coil. Anyways.... happy detecting birthday
    The weather and the holidays have kept me at bay for the last 3 weeks. I have not carried the X 5 to one of my honey holes yet. I get the feeling somebody is looking at my schedule and every moment I have not been at work for the last 3 weeks it has rained cats and dogs. I'm miserable crying01

Wow Jack, you have had a very active first year of detecting! yes, you are definitely hooked thumbsup01 I don't remember when my own 'anniversary' is; sometime in the early 2000's I think.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Wow Jack, you have had a very active first year of detecting! yes, you are definitely hooked thumbsup01 I don't remember when my own 'anniversary' is; sometime in the early 2000's I think.
    Yes a very active first year. This actually took the place of my lifelong passions, hunting and fishing. I'll still fish some but I've in the last year or so grown very soft hearted and for me to become that way, yes it is a new direction. In the woods for deer and really anything you can hunt but deer and turkeys I have taken many lifetimes worth of game. Now I can hardly watch anything get killed on TV, I wonder why......I don't know, but I have a new passion and will let the animals live. Turkey season will be the hardest on me however. I've lived for that for well over 30 years.

Sounds like it was a great year for you Jack. I've been hooked on this hobby since 1987 and have no regrets either. As far as hunting animals I'm in the same boat as you are. I used to hunt a lot but for some reason I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger anymore unless it is the trigger on the camera. thumbsup01 I have SHOT a lot of animals that way and they never knew what hit them. lol
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Happy Anniversary Jack. I am sure the deer and turkey will appreciate your change of heart and hobby. HH RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

I bet that you never thought how addictive this so called hobby could be when you made that purchase.Hope you have many more productive years.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.