Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Best Clad Day ?

What Is Your Best Clad Day ?

What is the most clad you have found in a single day ?
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

Re: What Is Your Best Clad Day ?

Quote Originally Posted by fsa46 View Post
    What is the most clad you have found in a single day ?
    About 155 coins.

I was still finding targets but got tired of all of the bending and digging and went home. Came back a day later and couldn't find a thing. Apparently some one else was in a bit better shape than me and didn't mind all of the stooping, bending and digging.

About 130 coins for a total of over $16.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Veteran Member

187 coins. if i knew i was so close to a double century i would have kept going..like the other slackers . i got tired..
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Quote Originally Posted by russellt View Post
    like the other slackers . i got tired..
    Welcome Aboard Sir.

I used to hit the grass areas at grade schools with the DFX and Bigfoot coil. I would cherry pick Quarters for the most part, but dug other targets that stood out. This was the best day I had. I was very tired. lol

The following picture was actually from 3 separate hunts in the same location over a 9 hour period.

This is from a grassy area outside the cafeteria doors at a middle school that obviously had not been hunted for quite some time. This was a lot of fun. The Bigfoot coil is just a Quarter slayer to say the least.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

I got 7 bucks one time.. mostly Q's was a blast !! happydance02 happydance02
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Over the years I have had a number of days of 400 + coins, usually from virgin play areas. The last one was about 3 years ago.
    One time I hit an old swimming pool grass area, coins everywhere. Dug 19 silver coins that day and over 400 others. No more days like that here anymore. Everythings just about gone over now. However, last year I found a new play area that gave up 350 coins so maybe some still out there ! Steve in so az
    Fisher 1266X - Lesche digger
    Headband

Oops... 27 bucks.. Bowser was there......
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage link=topic=5444.msg65085#msg65085 date=1303136975
    I used to hit the grass areas at grade schools with the DFX and Bigfoot coil. I would cherry pick Quarters for the most part, but dug other targets that stood out. This was the best day I had. I was very tired. lol

The following picture was actually from 3 separate hunts in the same location over a 9 hour period.

This is from a grassy area outside the cafeteria doors at a middle school that obviously had not been hunted for quite some time. This was a lot of fun. The Bigfoot coil is just a Quarter slayer to say the least.
    Just came across this thread. Gotta say Jack...you WIN!! |) |) |)
    That is simply amazing buddy!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Quote Originally Posted by steve in so az link=topic=5444.msg65164#msg65164 date=1303165780
    Over the years I have had a number of days of 400 + coins, usually from virgin play areas. The last one was about 3 years ago.
    One time I hit an old swimming pool grass area, coins everywhere. Dug 19 silver coins that day and over 400 others. No more days like that here anymore. Everythings just about gone over now. However, last year I found a new play area that gave up 350 coins so maybe some still out there ! Steve in so az
    Posted about Jack's count before I read your post Steve! 8/ Dang, you are a digging machine! 8)
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Ron - Thanks but I'd rather have Jack's oldies instead of numbers steve
    Fisher 1266X - Lesche digger
    Headband

I just had my most productive day ever about a month ago. I hit 60 dimes alone. I wound up with 146 coins---mostly pennies in about 6 hours. Only 2 wheaties and NO silver dimes but the wife found a gold chain on top of the ground. She swings a Teknetics 4000. She wound up with 97 coins. Boy was it a sore day next day. I'm glad I'm retired. Great post thumbsup01
    Jay
    E-trac, Teknetics T2 SE, MXT, 6T.

"TODAY's THE DAY" Mel Fisher

My best clad day was when I was getting hammered by Angel in the silver department lol So I went cladding instead rofl Got 11.00 in quarters and probably another $3.00 in dimes and nickels. Sometimes it's nice to just pop coin after coin.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Veteran Member

i went out on a clad hunt last year , dont usually hunt for just clad, this day i did , i went to the high school on the hill on the football field i got i think 85 quarters , about 50 dimes, in about and hour or so, it was the end of the season for football, coins were every where, one day i was at an old place and i found maybe 60 memorials , found out that the kids there awhile ago , had a penny toss there and didnt pick any up , after 65 or so i quit looking , i know there were more, best clad spill was about 26 coins , 15 quarters , and the rest dimes and nickles , right next to the sidewalk about 3 inches down.
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

Veteran Member

$22.33, and I was looking for silver and scored not a single one in a very long hunt >{ >{ >{. The amazing thing about that hunt was that I scored 4 $1 coins, and a shield nickel and two cent piece in the same hole as each other.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Veteran Member

$7.05. I was mostly cherry picking quarters looking for silver rings.

Veteran Member

holy baluew.. 400 coins in a day are you kidding me ..... wow . that is flat out amazing
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

school yard top clad day

From th land of the Bluenose.....203 coins in one day is my best but have topped 170 many times. My Bud Slickpick Rick had a 10 hour hunt that netted 315.......don't think this old bouy could do that many knee bends! Some great totals bouys<
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

17 Coins: 13-Pennies, 3-Dimes and 1-Quarter

Some one had to come in last place.