Thread: 1914 Georgius V Penny

1914 Georgius V Penny

We sure had some great weather today. Definitely good enough for a drive to the park for some detecting. There weren't many finds, but it was still great to get out.

The only silver - a 1927 mercury dime. The wheat cents where fun finds too.

This one I dug up just before heading back home, a 1914 Georgius V British Penny. It's the size of a half dollar.

Some type of pin.

HH!

Re: 1914 Georgius V Penny

Nice finds Angel. It was a great day to go out. As soon as the rain stopped it was real nice. Temps into the 50's melted a lot of snow. You still have some time before the new year is here. We're routing for ya Just 3 more, ....NOW GO GET THEM Nice amount of coins and nice British Large Cent.

Nice Merc and wheaties Angel.. Could be the last nice day of the year.. It was nice out but too mucky with all the rain and snow melt. I starred into alot of water filled holes.. It was great to be out there though..
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Good to hear the weather is holding for you Angel. Wheats are always fun. I get excited when I dig one still. Nice bunch of coins to add to the collection. Thanks for sharing.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

what are you doing Angel dragging it out for ratings , your killing me with the suspense already man lets get to 450 so i can get off the edge of my seat .

seriously we're all hoping you get there , and very soon .Congrats on the merc and wheats and the George the Vth large penny Angel

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Nice finds Angel. It was a great day to go out. As soon as the rain stopped it was real nice. Temps into the 50's melted a lot of snow. You still have some time before the new year is here. We're routing for ya Just 3 more, ....NOW GO GET THEM Nice amount of coins and nice British Large Cent.
    Thanks George! It really turned out to be a great one for sure. It helped in melting what snow had remained after the rain. I'm hoping for just one more day of relatively good weather, with Thursday perhaps being the last opportunity I will have for another go at silver.

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    Nice Merc and wheaties Angel.. Could be the last nice day of the year.. It was nice out but too mucky with all the rain and snow melt. I starred into alot of water filled holes.. It was great to be out there though..
    It was very muddy, and it was messy using a trowel

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    Good to hear the weather is holding for you Angel. Wheats are always fun. I get excited when I dig one still. Nice bunch of coins to add to the collection. Thanks for sharing.

Jack
    Thanks Jack. I do like digging wheats too.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    what are you doing Angel dragging it out for ratings , your killing me with the suspense already man lets get to 450 so i can get off the edge of my seat .

seriously we're all hoping you get there , and very soon .Congrats on the merc and wheats and the George the Vth large penny Angel

Dan

I think the park has decided to close shop for the year.

Thanks Dan!

Good looking hunt Angel! Good to see you are still able to get out!

At least you dug some silver, and that penny is great! That would have stopped my heart for sure

I do hope you are able to get out Thursday to finish up the year. Just think, you only need three more
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    At least you dug some silver, and that penny is great! That would have stopped my heart for sure

I do hope you are able to get out Thursday to finish up the year. Just think, you only need three more
    I think I've reached the end of the road for this year. I'll try to give it another shot on Thursday though.

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo A

From the land of the Bluenose.....nice to see folks still getting out. Ironically I,m giving a large Brit copper ofthe era away as a prize on a contest I'm running. Can't wait to get back to the UK. All the best in the new year sir and am enjoying your forum!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Great finds Angel. Love the penny. Looking forward to seeing what you do this year! What an Awesome 2009 you had. Happy New Year!

Nice old British coin Angel... good wrap to the year. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Can't complain about those finds this time of year.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.