Thread: 2009 WHAT A GREAT YEAR!SOME PICS

2009 WHAT A GREAT YEAR!SOME PICS

well 2009 was a great year for me.had the opportunity to hunt with del,coinnut,forino,rcat , forino & b.mattioli,
    all great guys and a blast to hunt with!

i learned the most hunting with dan & george. both are extremely knowledgeble in cellar hole hunting and a what pleasure to have hunted alongside them. thanks Dan you created a monster in me

i had a good year with silver coins.alot of buttons,a nice civil war buckle and some nice coppers and large cents.i neglected my beach hunting this year and only one gold ring to show for it but i can blame that on Dan since i am now consumed with this cellar hole stuff ..nothing else excites me that much.

my finds are all mixed in together with past finds in my collection.
    since it would take me a whole day to sort stuff and what i found this year alone i will just post this link with some of my better finds from the past year.

at bottom of page you can jump to next page of photos.
    thanks for looking and hope you all have a safe and happy new year!
    dave
    [glow=red,2,300]**CLICK LINK BELOW FOR PICS**[/glow]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavymetalnut/
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Re: 2009 WHAT A GREAT YEAR!SOME PICS

Wow ,That is a very nice collection of goodies.Many can only dream to find that kind of stuff.Thanks for sharing . Job well done. Yazoo

hey by showing off your 2009 finds , doesn't this mean your officially throwing in the towel lol

Dave what can i say , had i only known i'd create a monster introducing you to cellar hunting :bangahead01: lol lol your official whole complete year was nothing short of spectacular man , some really great finds you've made and made George and I proud thumbsup01
    Mega Congrats Man

Dan

hey don't forget to post your 1 favorite or best find in the thread i started
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Veteran Member

Wow, that's quite a collection. Good luck next year.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    hey by showing off your 2009 finds , doesn't this mean your officially throwing in the towel lol

Dave what can i say , had i only known i'd create a monster introducing you to cellar hunting :bangahead01: lol lol your official whole complete year was nothing short of spectacular man , some really great finds you've made and made George and I proud thumbsup01
    Mega Congrats Man

Dan

hey don't forget to post your 1 favorite or best find in the thread i started
    thanks Dan!
    no i'm not throwing in the towel yet.i'm still detemined to tie George.i'll be out till midnight with a flashlight on new years eve if need be
    best find? one? just one? how about 3?
    its a toss up between my 1827 LC, Rev War USA button & civil war buckle decisions,decisions :bangahead01:
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

WOW what a haul! You really had a banner year for sure. Next year will be even better. Can't wait to see what you bring to the table next year.
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Congrats on the great year Dave! Look forward to seeing what you guys dig up next year! thumbsup01

Hey, Nice stuff!! You had a great year You are a lot better and smarter now than when you first started. Now I won't feel bad taking advantage of ya lol As for tying me What you can't tie Del too Now I'm sorry I let you guys keep up with me rofl rofl I wouldn't use a flashlite on New Years Eve, you may be picked up as a peeping Tom. But you had a great year and now it's time to clean some of those magnificent finds. Congrats man, you deserve it! thumbsup01 thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Once again Dave you did awesome. You started to hit those celler holes and couldn't stop. The Copper total you scored this year is mind blowing.. Everytime I drive through the &quotrass City the thought crosses my mind to just pull over and hunt a park. Best of luck next year and maybe we can hit a park sometime..
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo heavy

From the land of the Bluenose....great year and got to hunt with the bouys.....doesn't git any better youz! All the best too in the new year!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

That is a great year of relic hunting.You have made a lot of great recoveries.
    What can I say that you haven't already found out about the Relic Bugs venom.Once that bug bites all other aspects of detecting go away,it's relic hunting 365-24-7 and nothing else compares to it.
    Again congrats on a good year.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

Great finds and nice pictorial review..... HH RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

What a year. Thanks for sharing. Looks like cellar hole hunting can be addictive.

You had an exceptional year, Dave. Wow! I love those old coins. Congrats!