Thread: Silver streak reaches...2!

Silver streak reaches...2!

Got out for a few hours this morning on a sunrise hunt to the school yard where I pulled two silver Rosie's and a wheat last Saturday. Today, I found five wheat pennies and found another Rosie (1958). <: After digging a ton of clad dimes and the wheats/early '60's pennies, I actually KNEW that I was going to get silver when my E-trac sounded off. It sounded a bit flutier, and locked onto 12-46 as opposed to 44 or 45 CO. It was definitely a big moment for my E-trac and I, because we're starting to speak the same language! 8)

The piece that says Fresno, Calif, USA also says Buckner Rainer 560, which turns out to be part of an antique sprinkler head. I've posted a picture of the full sprinkler below.

Thanks for looking! Viking
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Minelab E-trac, Sunray X1 probe

2011 Silver goal: 20 (14 YTD- 8 Rosies, 5 Mercury Head dimes, 1 Barber dime)
    2011 Clad goal: $50 ($132.50 year to date)

Re: Silver streak reaches...2!

Very nice! I do love that sweet silver sound too.

Way to go----Viking. thumbsup01 I like the sweet sound also and your numbers are right on. Mine is always silver when 12-46 comes up no matrter how deep. Wheaties are usually 12-45 along with clad dimes but the deeper the coin the more the chance for bounce of numbers. If in doubt---dig
    E-trac, Teknetics T2 SE, MXT, 6T.

"TODAY's THE DAY" Mel Fisher

My clad dimes are almost always 12-44 and silver is 12-45 seated sometimes read as low as 12-42 and 12-46 or 11-46 is quarter

Nice digs! I'll tell you something weird; I have also dug a scrap piece marked Fresno. Pic below. I wonder if mine is a sprinkle part too?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Very cool/ Gotta love the silver.

Congrats Viking.
    Two silver hunts in a row.
    It is very nice when you hit a '100% positive it's silver' mark on a target.
    Seems like they just don't come often enough.
    Right before I dig I usually apply a 'probably silver percentage' to the target.
    I love it when there is no doubt in my mind about what's coming out of the hole.
    Best of luck keeping your streak going.

Nice going on the E Trac bonding thumbsup01 lol I do the same thing on the 12-46 numbers at cellar holes, although for me it is a large copper. But you just know by the nice full sound what it is. Glad you hit silver and knew it was silver
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold