Thread: My first hunt in 12 years...

Threaded View

My first hunt in 12 years...

FINALLY got out with my new E-Trac today! I had taken it out for a very brief hunt a couple of weeks ago, but it was so cold I couldn't hack it. The weather was gorgeous today, so I finally got to go out on my first real hunt in over twelve years. It is going to take me a while to get used to the E-Trac, but I did have moderate success today.

I haven't been metal detecting since my old Fisher 1260-X quit working in 1999. I have really wanted to get back out there lately so I decided to take the plunge and get an E-Trac. I think it's going to be a great machine for me once I get used to it.

I went to a local park that is heavily hunted. Within 10 minutes I found a 1911 wheat cent, so my hopes were high that it wasn't completely hunted out. I also found my first E-Trac silver, a 1947 Roosevelt dime there. After another hour of not finding much, I decided to head to a local grade school.

I found a lot more coins at the grade school, although most of the were modern. I did find an Indian Head Cent , which I was very pleased with! Unfortunately, the coin is very corroded and I can't make out a date. I will have to give it a good cleaning to see if I can coax a date out of it.

Mostly it just felt good to be out there hunting again! (But boy is my arm tired!)

Name:  loot.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  silver-dime.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  56.2 KB
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 09-26-2019 at 04:50 PM.