Thread: Sweet Shoe Buckle and Draped Bust Large Cent *Cleaned Copper Pics*

Sweet Shoe Buckle and Draped Bust Large Cent *Cleaned Copper Pics*

Got out of work a bit early today, so I went the long way home... lol I stopped by a new cellar hole I recently received permission to hunt. I haven't spent much time here at all and there is still alot of area to check. Today was cool...I focused all my attention in the back yard section of the cellar hole....Here are my finds. The shoe buckle is probably the most ornate I have found (and just about complete) The Draped Bust looks to be in awesome shape...I don't think I'll clean it. And the normal plethora of buttons...a ball button was a pleasant suprise...Alot of targets....One thing I forgot to drag in the house was a neat little colonial door knob...solid brass rang out loudly. Thanks for lookin!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Sweet Shoe Buckle and Draped Bust Large Cent

That is one cool buckle Jesse If you remember where you dug it, it would be worth redigging and seeing if you can spot that missing piece. Great finds and a lovely Draped Bust Sweet finds. I got to get out soon, everyone if finding good stuff lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=5588.msg66514#msg66514 date=1303859944
    That is one cool buckle Jesse If you remember where you dug it, it would be worth redigging and seeing if you can spot that missing piece. Great finds and a lovely Draped Bust Sweet finds. I got to get out soon, everyone if finding good stuff lol
    I know exactly where I dug that buckle...I will never forget. Maybe this weekend I'll go back and shovel out the hole and pinpoint it all. We gotta all get together soon and pull a bunch of coppers somewheres.

wow that shoe buckle is very unique and ornate a nice item Jesse , is it brass or pewter and you never mentioned the date on the draped bust?? some great items there , nice hunt .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=5588.msg66527#msg66527 date=1303863545
    wow that shoe buckle is very unique and ornate a nice item Jesse , is it brass or pewter and you never mentioned the date on the draped bust?? some great items there , nice hunt .
    That's actually a rarer date. It's an 1806...I can see it from here lol Low mintage coin Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=5588.msg66527#msg66527 date=1303863545
    I'm sorry...It's an 1806 like George says....Im not very sure of the material....I gently brushed it with a soft tooth brush....It seems capable of crumbling...so it may very well be pewter.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffy link=topic=5588.msg66537#msg66537 date=1303864622
    I'm sorry...It's an 1806 like George says....Im not very sure of the material....I gently brushed it with a soft tooth brush....It seems capable of crumbling...so it may very well be pewter.
    If that coin is in the shape that it appears to be, it would be about a $500.00 coin. Redbook (2010) says $525.00 in VF 20, in EF 40 it's $1,800.00 Sweet coin. I am flying down there tonight to detect there in the morning rofl

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=5588.msg66540#msg66540 date=1303864902
    If that coin is in the shape that it appears to be, it would be about a $500.00 coin. Redbook (2010) says $525.00 in VF 20, in EF 40 it's $1,800.00 Sweet coin. I am flying down there tonight to detect there in the morning rofl
    FLying? you have wings?.....You can come down and detect any time you like. I still want to see what that little coil is capable of. DOn't forget...Im only 20 minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffy link=topic=5588.msg66544#msg66544 date=1303865391
    FLying? you have wings?.....You can come down and detect any time you like. I still want to see what that little coil is capable of. DOn't forget...Im only 20 minutes away.
    I'll grow wings for finds like that I guess any rainy day is a good day for you lol Pm me if you want to head out during the week. I thought you snagged a small coil already?

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=5588.msg66547#msg66547 date=1303865690
    I'll grow wings for finds like that I guess any rainy day is a good day for you lol Pm me if you want to head out during the week. I thought you snagged a small coil already?
    Nope..no new coils. I'm still using the Prizm. However its slowly crappin out, the arm cup broke, the pinpointing mech. stop working....I guess that leaves me no choice but to master the DFX now. DAAAAAAAAAAAN!.......HEEEEEEEEEELP!

Quote Originally Posted by sniffy link=topic=5588.msg66557#msg66557 date=1303867277
    Nope..no new coils. I'm still using the Prizm. However its slowly crappin out, the arm cup broke, the pinpointing mech. stop working....I guess that leaves me no choice but to master the DFX now. DAAAAAAAAAAAN!.......HEEEEEEEEEELP!
    You have a DFX as a backup to a Prizm? :-> :->

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=5588.msg66560#msg66560 date=1303867379
    Yes, it's strange but Im 200% better with the prizm. I've pounded sites with the DFX and came back with the prizm and dug the little chirpers that ended up being buttons. Maybe I just don't know the language yet...but I swear by the little prizms...they go deep and seperate pretty dag gone good.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=5588.msg66560#msg66560 date=1303867379
    well he does hang with HEAVYMETALNUT (Dave) you know the guy who has a minelab explorer xs as a backup to his silver eagle :-\ lol lol

hey jesse sorry to hear about the prizm , i should use my prism V once an a while just to clean the dust off from time to time . one of these times we'll have to get together with both dfx's to compare programs and signals and i'll show you some tricks with it .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Nice buckle and really nice LC. Seems like you really know where to hunt
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Elite Member

NICE.. .I dream of dinding a copper like that...can't seem to get past those Matron heads...but I'll take them happily!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Re: Sweet Shoe Buckle and Draped Bust Large Cent *Cleaned Copper Pics*

Man 'o man that 1806 is gorgeous!! <:
    Very amazing find sniffy. I love it.
    The buckle is incredible too.
    Congrats all around.

Thats probably the most uniquely designed colonial buckles I've seen posted thumbsup01 8)
    And one of the cleanest LC too !! Wow ! That coin has got some great detail thumbsup01
    Great hunt!
    Congrats !
    I'm with ya Jess! I like my little Prizm IV too. There's something to be said for simplicity
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Veteran Member

nice finds!

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=5588.msg66612#msg66612 date=1303898588
    well he does hang with HEAVYMETALNUT (Dave) you know the guy who has a minelab explorer xs as a backup to his silver eagle :-\ lol lol

hey jesse sorry to hear about the prizm , i should use my prism V once an a while just to clean the dust off from time to time . one of these times we'll have to get together with both dfx's to compare programs and signals and i'll show you some tricks with it .

Dan
    \

HEY NOW WATCH IT BUDDY!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button