Thread: Featured Finds And Monthly American Detectorist Award

Featured Finds And Monthly American Detectorist Award

We haven't received much in the way of feedback from members, but I'm sure you all have noticed the featured finds banner by now.

While the banner is obviously going to be used to feature outstanding finds - coins, relics, jewelry - there may be questions on how it will work - how is the selection made? For how long of a period are the finds featured? Who will vote on the finds?

The banner had actually already been up at the American Detectorist home page before its being added to the forum page, and several finds had already been featured as well. The current list of featured finds make up the second rotation since the banner's inception, and they will remain up until April 30th. Clicking on a banner image will take the reader to the respective post.

On May 1st another six member finds will be featured. Featured finds will be rotated after one week, but they may also remain on the banner for as long as two weeks. The number of finds posted as well as periods of lessened activity, such as winter months, will determine the length of time finds will be featured.

The American Detectorist staff will bring up posts/finds for team discussion and consideration. A final review and vote by the American Detectorist staff will then take place and the top six finds will then be added to the banner. Finds made by both members and American Detectorist staff will be considered.

There will also be a monthly selection of a member from among the group whose finds have been featured to award him/her the title of American Detectorist of the month. The member will hold the title for the entire month, after which a new (or the same member) will be awarded the title. The member's profile will change to reflect this title - see example below. The member's avatar will of course be changed back to his original avatar once we have a new winner.

We have already selected a member to be awarded the title of American Detectorist of the month for finds featured during April. The member will be awarded the title on May 1st. An announcement will be made by April 30th.

Thank you for your participation everyone!

The American Detectorist Team

Veteran Member

Re: Featured Finds And Monthly American Detectorist Award

oooops just saw this great feature angel
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

I like it! Now I just have to find something worthy of an award! 8/
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Excellent idea.....I like seeing the great finds and our guests after looking at the finds might become members
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

thumbsup01Just saw the first two winners, WTG guys!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.