Thread: Got another silver out of my new place quick today!

Got another silver out of my new place quick today!

Had about 30 minutes to hunt and that was pushing it. Got a 1942 Newfoundland dime. It was about 8 inches deep with a nail in the hole just above it. Well the nail came out first
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Re: Got another silver out of my new place quick today!

Nice Silver, please send some warmth up our way in the NorthEast, I'm getting bored staying home and looking out the window all day..
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Nice way to ring in the new year thumbsup01 I've seen a bunch of Canadian dimes, but never one from Newfoundland. That's a nice one. Found with a nail above it? How did that one read?? I'm still amazed that the E Trac can find so many coins next to or mixed with iron. For a 30 minute hunt, I'd say you did quite well.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    Nice Silver, please send some warmth up our way in the NorthEast, I'm getting bored staying home and looking out the window all day..
    It's cold down here too! 40 degrees today with the wind at 15-20 mph. That's like being in Antarctica here in middle Georgia Usins suthurnars ain't used to that kind a wethar!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Nice way to ring in the new year thumbsup01 I've seen a bunch of Canadian dimes, but never one from Newfoundland. That's a nice one. Found with a nail above it? How did that one read?? I'm still amazed that the E Trac can find so many coins next to or mixed with iron. For a 30 minute hunt, I'd say you did quite well.
    This place has a lot of old nails in the ground. I mean a lot of them. The rust halos are a big challenge. A middle 1800's hospital used to be on the grounds and is gone now but I'm hunting the area around it. I actually don't remember what it ID'ed at, it sounded good and didn't move when I pinpointed it like a rusty nail seems to do on several pinpoints a lot of the time so I dug it. I'm tickled! I also got a very rare elusive Chucky Cheese token at .5 inch during the hunt.........I might stop by and use that one, it's up the street about a mile.

Nice silver find.
    I'm desperate to hunt again, but the weather stays crappy.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Okay, now I'm getting antsy. lol That's a good looking piece. It's good to know others are still able to get out to detect. thumbsup01

That is a good thing to look at,as i'm reacy my temp is 10 degrees and the wind is whipping.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

Jack i don't recall ever seeing a New Foundland dime either , thats pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flynn View Post
    It's cold down here too! 40 degrees today with the wind at 15-20 mph. That's like being in Antarctica here in middle Georgia Usins suthurnars ain't used to that kind a wethar!!!!!
    that kind of weather would be a very welcomed heat wave right about now Jack
    you fellow American Detectorist guys down in the southern regions with your great finds and all year detecting are gonna get us through our winter and cabin fever we go through . Bless you all to.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Good looking find Jack! Not bad for a 30 minute hunt. A good start to your year. Congrats!!

Really sweet Newfie dime JF thumbsup01 It's something I'd expect Les to find, but you... way down in GA?
    Jimmy - Minelab X-Terra 30 | White's BHID 300 | White's Spectrum XLT | Vibra-Probe 570
    My Blog

I believe I have one of those from my visits to Newfoundland (in the Navy), but amazing to see one come out of the ground way down south. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Nice dime- I didn't know Newfoundland had their own coinage so recently.
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28