Thread: Navy Davy digging accessory

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

Navy Davy digging accessory

From the land of the Bluenose.....have you ever forgotten to take extra batteries with you on a dig? Has your digital camera run dry and you have no spares? Saw Navy Davy wearing this one on his belt which is a great idea.

Have carried extra batteries in my digging jacket and had them get very hot from contact with the other batteries in my pocket so now I tape them together so this will not happen........could suffer from instantaneous combustion youz......walking smoked macheral. Lord love a duck.
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Re: Navy Davy digging accessory

That is a good idea.Nice neat and looks to be compact enough so it doesn't get in the way.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

great idea Les , and in a compact little package too.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

That is a good idea. It's better than having them in my pocket. I'll have to see if I can find one of those.

I like it. I have a bulky side pack I take when out in the woods, but it does get in the way. Something like the one you have would be a good replacement.

A cartridge belt with elastic retainers works well also... (just checked it out). RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

If I carry one more thing, I'm gonna sink into the mud lol But that does look like a great little pack! thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Does anyone wear a vest of any kind to carry their stuff with them hunting? Or what does everyone carry their stuff in? Just curious.

I have to be real nice to my wife and this is what I get lol This is the second one she made for me. I wore out the first one Next one will have rivets on each stress point. Would love to make and sell these, but after materials and labor, the cost is too high But I suggest everyone start buttering up the other half for one You can carry a lot of things in one of these, from extra batteries (mine and a buddies) to snacks, food, knife, GPS, phone, etc... lol They laugh at me, but when their coil mounting screw breaks, guess who has one?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    I have to be real nice to my wife and this is what I get lol This is the second one she made for me. I wore out the first one Next one will have rivets on each stress point. Would love to make and sell these, but after materials and labor, the cost is too high But I suggest everyone start buttering up the other half for one You can carry a lot of things in one of these, from extra batteries (mine and a buddies) to snacks, food, knife, GPS, phone, etc... lol They laugh at me, but when their coil mounting screw breaks, guess who has one?
    Coinnut looks good. What labor? I thought you said your wife made it? rofl Just think if she made like a 100 of them the labor would come way down. You need to tell her you showed them on the forum and you have an order for a bunch. But seriously it looks good. May have to talk to my wife.

What about everyone else? What do you use?

I use my pockets. And when Angel is detecting with me, I use his trash pouch rofl It drives him crazy rofl

Great idea Les... nice and compact! And no offense George, but I couldn't wear one of those... too big... nor could I ever make one to save my life lol
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    And no offense George, but I couldn't wear one of those... too big... nor could I ever make one to save my life lol
    You should see it loaded. I look like a cheap Home Depot lol

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    I use my pockets. And when Angel is detecting with me, I use his trash pouch rofl It drives him crazy rofl
    Yeah, and by the end of the day I'm leaning sideways. lol

Here is the one I usually use when I head out to the woods. It wraps around my waist, with the bulky side to the back. It really doesn't get in the way, and I don't even feel it, except when I'm carrying two bottles of Gatorade. lol I can carry plenty in there, and I always bring extra batteries, band-aids, mosquito and tick repellent, and snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    ya wore out the 1st one so bad it fell off ya rofl i love that new one.beth could retire and become the next betsy ross working for forum members! thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers