Thread: which one

which one

i have found 2 rings in one week, 1 was found with an idx-pro with a blue max coil, the other detector is an mxt with a 4x6 coil, help me to decide which detector to take on my next search for another ring. I am havin trouble deciding.
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

Re: which one

Take em both and split the time you have between the two.

If I were doing trashy spots only, I would take the MXT for it's 4x6 coil and great ability to cancel out mineralised soils. If I were hunting wide open spaces, I would put a bigger coil on the MXT lol J/K Whichever detector has the biggest coil. The question is: which machine are you more comfortable with??
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

to tell you the truth i don't know what either one of them is tellin me,the mxt does go deeper tho.

Take the MXT, I do know it is a really good all around detector and the frequency is just right for the gold. I like mine, but now that i think about it i only found one gold ring in 5 years with it. Think i probably should have dug more of them wonderful pulltabs. lol >:{ :white:

Take them both, hold one in either hand, and talk to the gold: Say hello to my little friends.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by v3ikid link=topic=5742.msg68006#msg68006 date=1304818861
    Take em both and split the time you have between the two.
    my thoughts exactly
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Quote Originally Posted by v3ikid link=topic=5742.msg68033#msg68033 date=1304829010
    Take the MXT, I do know it is a really good all around detector and the frequency is just right for the gold. I like mine, but now that i think about it i only found one gold ring in 5 years with it. Think i probably should have dug more of them wonderful pulltabs. lol >:{ :white:
    That MXT will hit on gold rings in the foil range. i have found dozens of gold rings and they were all in the +10 to +12 range and a solid hit they didnt jump off the VDI. Yes you have to dig foil to get Gold
    If at first you don't succeed, get the Government to Bail you out !

Hey BOWSER, why don't you go ahead and just send me your MXT and then your problem would be no longer It may also take care of some of mine as well!!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

w.w.
    E-TRAC, V3i, DFX
    Oldest coin detected: 1854 half dollar

Hey Jim. If you cann't decide, it's time for a new toy I think.

(Still have the CZ in mind?) thumbsup01

Reach out....reach out for the....

well this may be lengthy,but i have had the mxt out quite a bit with three different coils,the noise doesn't bother me however i am not having fun with it yet.I am spending too much time digging trash and foil, i feel more comfortable with the idx pro witch is a far better iron rejector and a considerably better and more accurate coin shooter.It may be the soil here in ma. or my imagination, i still maintain that the response time is quicker on the idx and 6.59 is a better operating freq. I am still learning,one last thing i have never had a quarter signal that turned out to be a bottlecap with the idx. jmhop jim