Thread: Flying with an E-trac

Flying with an E-trac

Have any of you had any experiences with taking your E-trac through airport security, or travelling with it in general? I have taken my Ace 250 and Compadre in my carry-on bag in the past with no problems (hassle free and the detectors worked fine upon landing), but I wanted to check to see if the E-trac was any different? I will be traveling on 4th of July weekend and would like to take my detector with me (probably in my carry-on suitcase). I am planning to disassemble it, so it will fit, and then pack clothes in and around it, to minimize bumps and bruises.

Does anybody see any problems with transporting it this way? Thanks for the input.
    Minelab E-trac, Sunray X1 probe

2011 Silver goal: 20 (14 YTD- 8 Rosies, 5 Mercury Head dimes, 1 Barber dime)
    2011 Clad goal: $50 ($132.50 year to date)

Re: Flying with an E-trac

Quote Originally Posted by Viking link=topic=5857.msg69171#msg69171 date=1305582764
    Have any of you had any experiences with taking your E-trac through airport security, or travelling with it in general? I have taken my Ace 250 and Compadre in my carry-on bag in the past with no problems (hassle free and the detectors worked fine upon landing), but I wanted to check to see if the E-trac was any different? I will be traveling on 4th of July weekend and would like to take my detector with me (probably in my carry-on suitcase). I am planning to disassemble it, so it will fit, and then pack clothes in and around it, to minimize bumps and bruises.

Does anybody see any problems with transporting it this way? Thanks for the input.
    I have flown with my E-Trac several times.

I have never carried it on but always packed it with my checked luggage. I disassembled it and packed clothing around it, as you said. I have never had any problems. However, do expect that they may search your luggage; I had a note in my bag afterward several times informing me that my luggage was searched, I'm sure because the X-ray triggered them to look at it more closely.

I travel a great deal for work and have never had my checked luggage searched any other time. lol
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Re: Flying with an E-trac

Good deal, thanks for the reply! If I decide to carry-on a small suitcase, I'll have to make sure to leave my Lesche digger behind. That sucker would get confiscated in no time flat!
    Minelab E-trac, Sunray X1 probe

2011 Silver goal: 20 (14 YTD- 8 Rosies, 5 Mercury Head dimes, 1 Barber dime)
    2011 Clad goal: $50 ($132.50 year to date)