Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first E-Trac Barber(s)!!!

My first E-Trac Barber(s)!!!

I had another super fun day of detecting today! If you're going to find your first E-Trac Barber you may as well go ahead and find FOUR Barbers! I was doing the dance several times today!

I went to a nearby small town where I had previously found some good stuff at a park. Every time I've hunted this park I have had my eye on the village hall across the street. Today I finally decided to venture over to the village hall and I'm glad I did! I found the Barber quarter almost immediately. It is my first E-Trac Barber coin and only my second Barber quarter ever! I ended up finding several wheat cents, a silver Rosie, and three Barber dimes all in the tiny front yard of the village hall.

I haven't cleaned up any of the coins yet, but here's a picture of my finds for the day. I found a small child's sterling silver ring too. I will report back with dates after I get the coins cleaned up a bit. What a fun day!

Name:  Pile-3.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  56.7 KB
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 09-18-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Re: My first E-Trac Barber(s)!!!

Congrats on a sweet hunt. Nice silver haul. Happy Hunting!!
    We are not here for a long time, We are here for a good time. Happy Hunting!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Oldest coins: 1690's William III Copper
    1787 N J Copper, 1787 Ct Copper
    massdirtfisher@gmail.com

Great finds!!!!

That is a day to never forget. Incredible!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

|) |) The E-trac is doing you good thumbsup01 four barbers in one hunt do not think I found that many this year Congrats

What a sweet day you had! Looks like you found the barber field!!!
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Veteran Member

Wow, that is a nice collection of clad you've got there Congrats And I hope you don't go bald with all those barbers in your face Amazing and congrats again.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Thanks, everyone! It certainly was a day to remember. The good news is there is still a lot of area at that village hall that I haven't hunted yet, along both sides and a big back yard.

Here are the dates of the Barbers:

Dimes:

Quarter:

No mint marks on any of them. The Rosie is a 1946.

Name:  Silver.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  78.7 KB
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 09-18-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Sounds like you had an awesome hunt and look at those silvers 8) Tony Two-cent

Excellent! That is one sweet hunt for sure. I suspect you will be picking up a few more from that site. thumbsup01

Look at all those Barbers! <: Love the quarter.
    Excellent silver day for you and the E-Trac.
    You have yourself a very exciting site to hunt. I can't
    wait to see what you get from there next... Barber Half maybe.

Veteran Member

superb... that is straight up awesome
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

I went back to the village hall today in hopes of finding some more keepers. Unfortunately, I encountered some problems with my E-Trac. Every time I would bend down to dig a target, the machine would turn itself off. At first, I discovered that if I picked the machine up slowly after digging the target, it wouldn't do it. After a while even that didn't help, I couldn't keep the machine turned on for more than 5 seconds at a time. I tried taking the battery pack out and reinserting it, that didn't help any. I took the battery pack out again, cleaned the contacts (they weren't dirty) with a corner of cardboard from the back of a pack of batteries. That didn't help either. I finally just went home.

I had just put fresh batteries in the battery pack this morning before I left. The rechargable pack was charging at home, I didn't have it with me. I know that others have had this exact same problem with the E-Trac. I am going to go read those threads and see how the problem was solved.

Anyway, I only found one wheat cent today, plus this item which I thought was neat. I think it's silver plated. It's more shiny than it looks here, it didn't scan well. I think it will clean up better. It is 1-1/4wide by 2 tall.
    Name:  Banner-Agent-1895.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  31.9 KB
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 09-18-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Oh how seet it is....all those barbers and still more to come. Congrats on a great hunt
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Sorry to hear about the etrac. You've been making some great finds, i hope it's an easy fix for you. I like that whtever it is, it's pretty cool.

Elite Member

Nice finds, congrats on the barbers

I think Minlab has sent out a bich of half#%^$ machines. They were so back ordered they just started cranking them out and the quality isn't there. Thank god Tim had a roll of electrical tape to hold my coil on this weekend after it kept falling off the shaft.

I think owning an E-Trac is like owning a high end luxury sprts car...the performance is great, but the maintenence and repairs is too >:#
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by v3ikid link=topic=5913.msg70048#msg70048 date=1306110463
    Sorry to hear about the etrac. You've been making some great finds, i hope it's an easy fix for you. I like that whtever it is, it's pretty cool.
    It's a badge of some sort. On the back you can see where the pin was. Maybe it's an award for selling newspapers or some such?

In other news, I fired up my E-Trac in my back yard this evening and could not get it to duplicate the problems from the other day. It didn't shut itself off once, I couldn't get it to not matter what I did. I guess that's good news, but I'm still leery. Maybe it was just overheated or something?
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Veteran Member

great coins , hit that place again
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=5913.msg70252#msg70252 date=1306199458
    In other news, I fired up my E-Trac in my back yard this evening and could not get it to duplicate the problems from the other day. It didn't shut itself off once, I couldn't get it to not matter what I did. I guess that's good news, but I'm still leery. Maybe it was just overheated or something?
    First, congrats on a super hunt |) |) Barbers are always welcomed lol Especially when they bring some friends too On the E Trac problem, did you use the rechargeable pack this time?? If the problem was the AA pack, check the total voltage of the pack. Also note that on the E Trac's batteries, the contacts are made of a metal strip that seems to be cut a bit narrow. It slips down a bit and exposes a gap, so I just turn it upside down and give it a tap so that it doesn't have a gap showing. I make sure the metal contacts are completely solid. My thinking on this is, if the spiral contact inside the machine hits that gap on the battery pack, there will be no voltage for a split second and the machine would shut down. Just a guess on my part. I am also careful not to let the battery drop in too fast and smash the contacts. Just something to look at.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Wow!! |) congrats on the super finds.
    Minelab E-Trac, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Tesoro Cortes

Holy Schnikeys Batman! Nice digs....
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher