Thread: bad news for me

bad news for me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and my hunting partner are constantly in a friendly competition through out the year for the best find or most silver or what ever.He uses a DFX and I hold my own pretty well with my XLT. Well he called today and said he is upgrading from his dfx. He has an etrac on the way. Guess I will have to tie a nail on a string to the bottom of his coil.

Re: bad news for me

I don't know about that lol After I switched to an E Trac it took me 6 months to get back in competition with the DFX I was against I think you have at least a 3 month headstart One benifit White's has over Minelab is speed of swing. But giving him a little masking on the bottom of the coil ain't a bad idea either
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Better rethink your plan. The E-Trac will see right through that nail. Better tie a silver dime under there. It will definately hit on that!
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Just loosen his cable connector, I've done that before lol

BB's come to mind........
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Wow! You guys are brutal! lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Next time you hunt with any of us, you will have something to think about

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo R

From the land of the Bluenose......well me son it could be worse...he could have found an old Garrett Freedom 3 Plus. Not the machine we bouy but the operator! Good luck in the spring.
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    BB's come to mind........
    bb's inside the coil cover. Thats a great idea.!.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Brutal is right! However it does remind me of the mind twist you can throw someone into when messing with their equipment. An example if I may, off topic from MDing. In the 80's and 90's I was an absolute nut shooting archery tournaments. Field rounds, NFAA and USFTA rounds. I shot 365 days a year, even Christmas day, somewhere. My running buddies/group one day decided to take the Pro in our group at a shoot and made a mild adjustment to his sighting number group, slightly up causing him to shoot a little low at all distances roflIt was brutal I mean it was. After the first few targets this mans mind was going south fast.......Good fun but he still remembers it to this day. It would be like everything you dig had an empty hole...........Dime taped to the bottom of a coil....mmmm. I'll have to try that one!
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

sounds like two guys i know like coinnut stated the whites are very quick machines and there pinpointing is exellent , so until he gets real comfortable you have the advantage in ground coverage and always will ( sweep more area than him because the mine labs are a slower going machine) and the pinpointing is problematic with the e-trac ( he will be fumbling around and taking alot of time finding that target )unless he gets the an inline probe or some other kind then that will speed things up for him. i saw all these things i mentioned up above when Coinnut switched to his e-trac and it was a good three months before i saw an improvement but the pinpointing was always an issue until his probe .

"Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Next time you hunt with any of us, you will have something to think about
    You guys would be long detecting while I'm still checking and double-checking my machine. lol

BB's work great and so do 1/4 copper washers. lol Just make sure you hunt the area you will drop the bb's first. lol
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Quote Originally Posted by hoser View Post
    BB's work great and so do 1/4 copper washers. lol Just make sure you hunt the area you will drop the bb's first. lol
    Oh those damned washers!!! They ring in exactly like a dime. Perfect silver dime reading. I have dug a handful at the last park I hunted. One 1/4 washer at 2 inches reads like a 6-7 inch dime.

OK, back to the MD torture ideas....
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Wow.. those are some torturous plots.... no wonder I hunt alone... lol RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector