Thread: double cursors on my Etrac digital display

double cursors on my Etrac digital display

this is my second etrac in 15 days the first one was bought new 8 days ago and has double cursors in the little thumb nail on the digital display i like to use the big numbers with the little pattern when i do i get double ++ at the same time when i get multiple targets the second etrac also has the double cursors ill get a target with a + sign and before that one resets ill get another + and ill end up with 2 cursors at the same time you can see video proof of my etrac problem here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gf5c9grXU4.......

Re: double cursors on my Etrac digital display

Welcome aboard FF254 I have had the E Trac since about a month after it came out and had the same problem you have. But I attributed it to me detecting in the woods during very, very cold weather. Once it warmed up, it was fine. I don't remember which screen was showing at the time but I thought I had the numbers in the little screen. It never affected my machine other than not being able to use the cross hairs to help ID the target. I go by numbers and sound anyways and rarely look at the position of the cross hairs. It does sound like a glitch in the software. Since it's new, there is no rush in sending it in, so I would wait until detecting season is over and send it in, unless you need that function. I know you are dissapointed, but the E Trac is a great machine and I overlooked that issue. It must have been fixed when I sent it in for repairs much later on. Unless they are gonna give you a loner unit, I would wait it out. But I would talk to who you bought it from. Did you ever store it in the trunk or inside a vehicle exposed to the sun?? That high of a temperature change may do something to it also. Also, did you make sure they just didn't reship you the same unit by accident??
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I've seen that a bunch on mine and never paid it any attention. They could actually take that screen off of the digital screen. I never use it any way. Barely use the digital screen, just as a last check as I lay the machine down to dig. Once you learn it you actually don't even need a screen. Sound baby sound...........
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Elite Member

Apparently mine does it too. Never realized, never even thought about it till I read this post. I never use that screen anyways. I always listen to the sound (if my wife really knew how good I was at listening rofl) and then recheck the numbers, especially on the lower tones for nickels and Indians
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

I almost never use that screen either, but did notice it the other day the double cursor, went on hunting next target single. It does not effect the machine it seems I am not concerned about it. I don't know if it may have something with the ability in the large number screen to update numbers when you use the pinpoint button or not.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album