Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A request to our members

Re: A request to our members

Rick M aka Toadman said I would like it here due to the other place having problems.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Howdy Folks!
    I've seen Jack around at various times over the past 3 years or so, and then one day ran into him at Gold N Detectors in Golden Colorado. I was there to buy some stuff, and he was chatting with Wild Bill. While I'd noticed him at local doings, this was the first time I had to chat with him.

Somewhere along the line, he suggested I should give this forum a try. I joined up almost immediately. So if you check out how long I've been on the forum, you'll see it must have been March 8 or 9 of last year that he recommended this forum. But I was real active on another forum that is now busy imploding. Don't know if it is permitted for me to mention the name of that forum, but quite a few folks just arrived here from that chaotic environment. Glad to see other Adult Survivors of the Other Forum here! I won't mention the name, but it rhymes with Fights! And that's whats happening now!

Since the other forum went into the self destruct autosequence, I've decided to spend more of my time here and on one other forum. I'm too old to put up with shenanigans from people barely out of puberty who administer a forum like it is their own private fiefdom, and without any cumbersome oversight from a responsible adult! One of the things that I really like about this forum is that it is run by adults who treat other adults like... well... adults!

I also alert others on that other forum to the American Detectorist forum, and I hope some will come join us here as a result of my efforts. I'm also active in asking people to write letters to the ultimate responsible party for that other forum, but that's another whole can of worms.

So, the quick answer is I came to this forum based on Jack's recommendation.

Now if only it were easier to post a video on here I'd be as happy as a leper in a hot tub!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

we got here looking for jack a little back still can't get pic small man
    TDI Pro MXT Pro Mxt V3i 4x6 6x10 9 1/2 10" 12 super 9x14 12"DF 7.5 DF dx-1 garrett pro pointer

I don't think it'll hurt anyone to mention the name of the forum we came from. I sent a note to a few folks running things here about us joining en masse.
    If you're ever around Dallas and want to do some treasure hunting give me a shout!

I was doing a search for American made smoke Detectors. And stoopid google sent me here.
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Quote Originally Posted by RaZR View Post
    I was doing a search for American made smoke Detectors. And stoopid google sent me here.
    lol What are the odds of that? We pay a lot of money to Google to side track them searches rofl
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Well, thanks alot!!!
    Look at all the detecting gear i had to buy just so i could stay!
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Quote Originally Posted by RaZR View Post
    Well, thanks alot!!!
    Look at all the detecting gear i had to buy just so i could stay!
    Time for a tag sale lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I have either called or Pmed several to let them know of this great forum. I learned of it from a good friend who wanted to bail me out of jail. rofl
    One find at a time.

Good ole Dave gave me a heads up to check this place out....glad i did

Candidate Member

ISTR that I did a google search for Metal Detecting Forum and this forum came up First!
    Wayne
    Tesoro Vaquero,Compadre, BH Pioneer 505, DP Pistol Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer

Dirt fisher called and said that Rick M told him to give me a call and tell me where everyone had vanished to. He said it was the place of all places to be. lol lol Dirt Fisher (AKA Tadpole 1) is the way Rick M (AKA Toadman) and I communicate. If I loose Dirt Fisher's phone number, which is all the time, I PM Rick and he gives me Mike's Number and If Rick wants me to know something he calls Mike. Hey at least it works. rofl <:

I came here from another forum, where it has become difficult to be active and nearly impossible to enjoy. One of the other members, who posted previously here, has been leaving a bread crumb trail and I followed it.
    Grand Rapids, MN
    DFX 300
    Sunray DX-1

Quote Originally Posted by psychposse View Post
    I came here from another forum, where it has become difficult to be active and nearly impossible to enjoy. One of the other members, who posted previously here, has been leaving a bread crumb trail and I followed it.
    The members have been very cordial to the group from the other forum and the mods on this one are nice....they don't have their finger on the delete or lock buttons.

This forum is a world of difference for sure !!!!!!!! It is enjoyable to be here. <:
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

A very good friend sent me a e-mail and said I should check it out.......I'm glad I did!
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

Veteran Member

jkress introduced me here , we hunt together , and ive seen jack on others and enjoy his finds and comments , i too was on a forum , not the one you mention here and it was bad , a bunch left and formed a new forum and the hassasment from the other was wild , this is a nice friendly forum , im on 3 others , but im here the most , nice folks and no crap lol thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

Well a Couple of people threw this old dog a bone and said i should check out your forum,I love everything i have seen here while hanging out,Thanks You all
    Life Is Short,Make everyday Count,Go for the Gold!

i am a wandera
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

Buddies

M-Taliesin leaked it out to me and I scooted over ASAP. Thanks Mel. martin