Thread: I know a lot of you are frozen out of metal detecting for a while....

I know a lot of you are frozen out of metal detecting for a while....

In your honor I put on some thick clothes, it's 53 here now, BRRRR.... And I proceeded to go and dig a handful of clad in a couple of hours today with the E Trac. 19 pennies, 2 dimes, and 2 quarters. I have hunted this spot several times and went right back over it with my X 5 coil and was digging coins next to holes I had already dug in the past. Deepest coin was in the 8 range. Also got a railroad spike, 6 inch long 3/4 bolt and a crumpled can. All three of the junk had a coin in the same hole with them. I also found a spot that is loaded with pennies looks like I'm going to take my Babygirl to for her inaugural Compadre hunt. They are there I waved across them with the ET.
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Re: I know a lot of you are frozen out of metal detecting for a while....

You are going to have Bruce going into withdrawal shock! lol

We need some warmer weather out this way to melt the snow and have the ground thaw out a bit before we again hit the parks. :bangahead01:

We hitting the woods this Saturday, rain or shine lol or snow Glad you didn't freeze in that cold weather . 53, how did you ever survive? rofl I can't wait to hear how BG does on her maiden voyage
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I was prepared to hit the ocean again tomorrow (Wednesday) but it appears it's gonna be mid 20s, max.... add the ocean breeze to that and I think it'll be a little too cold.

Waiting for spring, myself. Got a lead on a great park and been checking it out, then today just summed up another lead I had on another public park. Can't wait for the ground to thaw here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flynn View Post
    In your honor I put on some thick clothes, it's 53 here now, BRRRR.... And I proceeded to go and dig a handful of clad in a couple of hours today with the E Trac. 19 pennies, 2 dimes, and 2 quarters. I have hunted this spot several times and went right back over it with my X 5 coil and was digging coins next to holes I had already dug in the past. Deepest coin was in the 8 range. Also got a railroad spike, 6 inch long 3/4 bolt and a crumpled can. All three of the junk had a coin in the same hole with them. I also found a spot that is loaded with pennies looks like I'm going to take my Babygirl to for her inaugural Compadre hunt. They are there I waved across them with the ET.
    i'd give anything for a 53 degree day right about now
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

53 degrees! Why I would be out there in shorts and a T-shirt and still sweatin. lol Its supposed to get up into the thirties for the next week, but I doubt it will be enough to see bare ground here. :bangahead01: But I wish ya'll good luck on your hunts.
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

very nice Jack , it must of been nice just to get out huh , i wish you and BBG a great and memorable first hunt together .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Glad you were able to get out Jack... 53 degrees is a heat wave even for here and now in Kentucky lol I hope your BG enjoys her first hunt with the Tesoro, let us know how it goes!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    You are going to have Bruce going into withdrawal shock! lol

We need some warmer weather out this way to melt the snow and have the ground thaw out a bit before we again hit the parks. :bangahead01:
    I've been in deep withdrawls for weeks, just trying to stay busy and cursing at the weather.. What is the point of winter, really.. If we had 53 degree weather I'd be more happy, I'm pretty miserable right now.. Good luck with your hunt..
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Wow... 53 degrees,.... will not see that here for another two months. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

We have pretty much thawed out here. Some spots where the sun does not hit still froze. Am going out sometime this weekend for awhile.
    "Endeavor to persevere!" Chief Dan George to Clint Eastwood in the movie "Josey Wales"