Thread: E-Trac .... My Biggest Concern

E-Trac .... My Biggest Concern

I am really getting serious about purchasing an E-Trac. However, my biggest concern is customer service. Everything I have read, stated that it is almost non existent.

After spending this kind of money it would be nice to know you have somewhere to turn in the event of a problem. What are you guys/ gals doing in the event of a problem ?
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

Re: E-Trac .... My Biggest Concern

Quote Originally Posted by fsa46 link=topic=6424.msg75077#msg75077 date=1310728118
    I am really getting serious about purchasing an E-Trac. However, my biggest concern is customer service. Everything I have read, stated that it is almost non existent.

After spending this kind of money it would be nice to know you have somewhere to turn in the event of a problem. What are you guys/ gals doing in the event of a problem ?
    Minelab is definitely improving it customer service lately. It was, let's say lacking lol They are now even offering transferable warrantee now, and have improved service a lot. A good local dealer is a must and can do wonders being the inbetween guy. I have used a good dealer recently, even though I bought the machine new, through a large warehouse. Had I know about this dealer, I would have bought from him exclusively. Also, I believe they are now ISO certified, so quality is more uniform. Just some things I have learned about Minelab lately.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: E-Trac .... My Biggest Concern

Minelab will now have a new USA Distributor. They will sell the detectors to the dealers which will free up Minelab itself to dedicate itself to servicing and warranty issues. A positive step.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album