Thread: New site still showing promise

New site still showing promise

After a quick trip to Farmer's Market (sweet corn <: ) this morning I resumed my hunt at a site I first stepped on last night.
    The humidity and absolute lack of any breeze sent me packing after about 90 minutes.

More wheats (1920's - 40's) came out very willingly. However the ground was a bit stingy giving up the silver. One Merc
    found it's way into my pocket though.

Also recovered a couple of relics. I'm very happy with this pin. The stone is quite brilliant. I have no idea of the date on
    the buckle. So if anyone has a thought, I'd certainly like to hear about it.

I'm looking forward to a return trip after this heat and humidity breaks. This week we are forecasted to be in the mid 90's. crying01

Re: New site still showing promise

Great finds Joe! It must be exciting heading to a new site like that and have it producing so much! Bet you'll be there at 6am tomorrow? I would! I know what you mean on the heat. I was out in the woods with jeans and long sleeves doused in bug repellent for over two hours today, what was I thinking! I'll be posting my finds soon. Congrats again and good luck on future visits!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Congrats on the sweet finds. Any hunt that produces like that needs to be continued. Best of luck, and Happy Hunting!!
    We are not here for a long time, We are here for a good time. Happy Hunting!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Oldest coins: 1690's William III Copper
    1787 N J Copper, 1787 Ct Copper
    massdirtfisher@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by milco link=topic=6438.msg75222#msg75222 date=1310860445
    Bet you'll be there at 6am tomorrow?
    Absolutely not... it's suppose to be even hotter. Definitely not... probably not... I doubt it... maybe... ... lol You know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by milco link=topic=6438.msg75222#msg75222 date=1310860445
    I was out in the woods with jeans and long sleeves doused in bug repellent for over two hours today
    Yikes... I am assuming your weather today was just about the same. Looking forward to your post. :->

Quote Originally Posted by MassDirtFisher link=topic=6438.msg75223#msg75223 date=1310861318
    Any hunt that produces like that needs to be continued.
    Most definitely. I just need to hear in between and below the surface coins at this place.

Hey, you struck silver at that place Nice thumbsup01 Them &quot buckles are impossible to date. They can be from any age. We get a lot from the mid 1800's and they are probably still being used today lol There were quite a few of them on a horse >:/ They are scrap brass for me lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=6438.msg75270#msg75270 date=1310872363
    They can be from any age.
    Yeah, that's what I kind of thought. Sometimes you guys pull them out and identify them as 1800's and I wondered what tips you off. I've pulled several this year and just assume they are not old. The one I found could be from the 1980's for all I know. lol

Wow that stone is really neat- is it amber??

Congrats on a great hunt Joe!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Okay I'll by that site from you, congrats on all your finds
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Congrats on the sweet corn!

(And the sweet finds! thumbsup01)
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg