View Poll Results: How many metal detectors do you currently own?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero- Borrow a friends or still looking to break into the hobby.

0 0%
  • One- And my eyes will never stray...

12 16.44%
  • Two- Everyone needs a backup right???

23 31.51%
  • Three- Papa bear, Mama bear, and Baby bear

14 19.18%
  • Four or more- See 'Hoarder' in the dictionary

24 32.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many metal detectors do you own?

Re: How many metal detectors do you own?

I have two . My old Whites Quantum II and my M6 . Hoping to get a new MXT PRO in two months ! thumbsup01
    Glen
    Always looking for that next ring !!

I have two. First was a Fisher F4. Then about six months later I got the Fisher F75 LTD SE. I am keeping the F4 for backup and to let the wife use if she decides to get involved.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Six. I'll admit my XLT doesn't see enough action anymore but with the 6 Eliminator & Bigfoot coils there are special applications I keep it for.
    Now the list: V3i, XLT w/Sunray, PI Pro, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ20 10, Coinmaster Pro. PP's on hand - Detector Pro Pistol Probe (DEEP!), Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra 460, classic target probe, DX-1. There is an assortment of break down rods for travel. 5 coils for the Sov GT, 4 for the V3i, 3 for the XLT and the rst just have the stock coils. Guess I like to be prepared. The other side of it is I always have a spare something if a friend has an equipment malfunction. Ok, I'm an addicted MD'er!
    The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?

Got my:
    1. Teknetics 9000 COINCOMPUTER of days gone by. (The critter still works)
    2. Whites DFX - which was my introduction in these new fangled, high tech
    machines. (my backup)
    3. Whites V3i - I started finding gold jewelry when I got it. A little intimidating at first glance, but with the counseling and advice of the people on this great forum, I've got to know it and has gotten to know me.

It's been said the best metal detector is one a person uses frequently. The owner knows its quirks and signals. I haven't got all the quirks and signals figured out, but I am sure having fun with it. It's an adventure every time I go out. Whatever detector you use, or how many you may have, I wish you all the best and happy hunting to all.
    Digger of dirt and proud of it

Just one (i couldn't check the box (without turning my eyes or what ever it said. Because i am having Carnal Thoughts over a TDI/sl) .Right now my classic 5 ID is at Mr Bills getting his upgrade. |
    "I'm Your Huckle Bearer"

I have 4 metal detectors now that work and get used. There are a couple of others that are beaten to death but I have to keep for sentimental reasons. I am sure many of you understand this. WE had some good times together.
    "It was mad pheromone love over a little full moon entombed, and the people found it hard to understand until they saw for themselves the light pouring forth from a hole in the ground exposing a lonely turned ecstatic murky dime ......." please see me at http://www.youtube.com/user/plehbah

I have 25, am I a horder? I have my favorites, seperated by use-land-park-low mineral soil-high mineral soil- gold hunting fresh-water-water beach-saltwater,silver/gold/clad, beep and dig or tid

Quote Originally Posted by Calibil link=topic=6462.msg107066#msg107066 date=1333607857
    cou
    I have 25, am I a horder? I have my favorites, seperated by use-land-park-low mineral soil-high mineral soil- gold hunting fresh-water-water beach-saltwater,silver/gold/clad, beep and dig or tid

You could become a major outlet and give Kellyco a run for their money . lol

Candidate Member

I have a Teknetics arsenal.

Omega with 5'DD, 11&quotcheesysmile:, & 10 Elliptical coils
    G2 with 5&quotcheesysmile: & 11&quotcheesysmile: coils
    T2SE with 5&quotcheesysmile: & 11&quotcheesysmile: coils

Candidate Member

I have 4 all white's. 3 - 6000 di pros and one 6000 series 3 hip mount
    Glenn

Candidate Member

I have owned several different brands over the years. First one was back in 1975 and it was a Bounty Hunter that I think I paid around $150 for. First coin I found with it was a '27 Buffalo nickel which I found in my mother-in-law's driveway in Coronado. Been hooked on detecting ever since! Currently I have 4 detectors. An older White's Eagle Spectrum, a Minelab ExplorerII, a new Garrett GTI1500 and a new Garrett Sea Hunter MarkII that I bought for the beaches around the area. NOW all I have to do is get out there and start swinging them!!
    "Try not, do. Or do not. There is no try!" - YODA

M6, Etrac, PRL, F2, Prizm 2. Old whites 3900D blue box, metrotech
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Whites DFX, Whites V3i, Garrett Ace 250, XP Deus, Tesoro Tigershark, Etrac and I am doing my best not to buy the new 30-06, I mean CTX 3030 from Minelab.
    An Honest Man Is God's Noblest Work

(Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030) (Garrett ATpro, Pro Pointer, Ace 250) (Tesoro Tigershark) (XP Deus) are my tools for now.

Just one right now, but would like to upgrade and have my current machine for my oldest son to go with me.
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Just one right now, my trusty V3I, but with this hot weather I've been eyeing a few water detectors.

Right now, two... But I think I will get rid of my 2200 and find something that will go underwater...

Daniel <
    French canadian from Quebec Hunting with :
    Fisher F5 Pro DD11
    Minelab Sovereign X2-S Pro