Thread: Junk or :huh:

Junk or :huh:

Hello all!

I was out last week and nabbed 2 rings... One is brass but this one looked great in the basket and I am pretty sure its junk, but ... *shrug*

What do you think >??

Thx... Paul
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Elite Member

Re: Junk or :huh:

It may ba silver. I have seen a great number of these type rings, they have become very popular. The stones are probably genuine too, as they are semi precious.
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

May not be precious, but I don't think it's junk for some reason It reminds me of some limited edition rings from some artsy designer lol I kinda like it. No information on it anywhere Paul? If those stones are real, they would probably be Peridot, Citrine and I'm not sure on the blue one. It would be up there in price if they are real.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Lots of bling, but I too don't necessarily think it is not silver. In fact I would suspect the opposite.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Iwas recommended to one of my town's jewelers where I live. Turned out he was one of the kids my youngest brother hung around with in days gone by. I since have taken many finds to him to check out. A lot of junk, yes. But every now and again, the real McCoy. You just don't know if someone had a custom piece made. Get friendly with a local who may be able help you interpret what you have. You may be pleasantly surprised. He may be surprised when do that happy dance right in front of him. Either way it is still a great find. Keep on keeping on.
    Digger of dirt and proud of it

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=6676.msg78188#msg78188 date=1312858204
    Lots of bling, but I too don't necessarily think it is not silver. In fact I would suspect the opposite.
    WHAT? See that's why women confuse us men! rofl Are you saying you think it's silver? Or, are you saying that you do not think it's silver?
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by RobW link=topic=6676.msg78221#msg78221 date=1312905499
    WHAT? See that's why women confuse us men! rofl Are you saying you think it's silver? Or, are you saying that you do not think it's silver?
    lol I forgot what I meant rofl

Here, let me try editing it:

Lots of bling, but I [s]too don't necessarily[/s] think it is [s]not[/s] silver. [s]In fact I would suspect the opposite.[/s]

That might be a little strong, though. I think it might be silver.

Sorry; I'm shutting up now lol
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

lol rofl lol its a very goddy looking ring Paul , are you going to wear it to the meeting ??
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Well, here's my thoughts. I can't tell if it is a man's or woman's ring. If it fits a woman, it may be a mother's birthstone ring. And each stone represents each of her children and the month they were born.

And as far as it being silver?...............I'm so confused. ...... rofl
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=6676.msg78223#msg78223 date=1312906340
    lol I forgot what I meant rofl

Here, let me try editing it:

Lots of bling, but I [s]too don't necessarily[/s] think it is [s]not[/s] silver. [s]In fact I would suspect the opposite.[/s]

That might be a little strong, though. I think it might be silver.

Sorry; I'm shutting up now lol
    lol rofl lol rofl You are too funny Angie! Love it...

I'm curious what it is- have you checked on it yet Paul?
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

It might be sterling silver...but all the jewelry I have found that did not have any markings/stamps have ended up being fake..some pretty, but fake. What is your detector reading it as?
    White's Spectra V3i, (2) Garrett AT Pro's, Fisher F2, (2) Garrett Pro-Pointer's

what ever it is its pretty cool looking! willy

I think it's chrome and needs a headlight :->
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

Hard to tell from pictures. But looks like junk. Maybe pewter or lead. Please - all detectorists should get an acid test kit as standard equipment.
    Metal Detector, Inline Pinpointer, 6th Sense

regardless of what it is ... still a real nice ring WTG
    Loving my God, Being a husband and father, Detecting every chance I get!

pretty ring and goudy at the same time
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

VERY COOL !!!! I believe it is from the PeeWee Herman LMC ( limited magnificense collection ) of which only a few were alloted for sale to the general public . ( Just jiving you a bit Paul ) I haven't the foggiest on what it is or isn't . It is safe to say it is at least a great piece of costume jewelry and a neat find . thumbsup01 thumbsup01