Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonial hunt with Del and charlives

Colonial hunt with Del and charlives

Dan had arranged a hunt with charlives in his neck of the woods. So we were off around 4:30 this morning and hunting as soon as we could all meet up. Dan located one huge colonial monster hole lol It was nice looking and had lots of area to hunt. Unfortunately, like most holes, it was pounded. But this one was triple pounded. lol I was pretty confident I could get some targets from the lip and surrounding area, but after about 45 minutes, I was wondering who killed this hole? lol They did a super job vacuuming up all the non ferrous targets (except a couple ) I ended up with only 1 small button and some clad and some odds and ends until I decided to use the inline probe as my main coil. rofl Heat and lack of water make you do strange things So after using that 1 coil for about 15 minutes, I hit a target and it read 07-46. Nice and smooth and that can only mean one thing COPPER So I scream copper and then go back and get another hit an inch away that reads 07-46 SECOND COPPER rofl I'll let you see what they are instead of spilling the beans here, but I will say, they cleaned up read nice. It was a great day and a pleasure hunting with one of our members. Drew was put through the hiking ringer and he survived with flying colors Nice meeting and hunting with you thumbsup01

Here's the junk
    [attachimg=1]

The small amount of better targets

[attachimg=2]

dirty coppers (obv and rev)
    [attachimg=3]
    [attachimg=4]

Final cleaning and conditioning

[attachimg=5]
    [attachimg=6]

[attachimg=7]
    [attachimg=8]
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: Colonial hunt with Del and charlives

wow nice coins, there in awsome shape.
    ETrac, T2LE, X-1, Garrett pp, preditor, killer bee's. 2011 Coppers so far 19 and 2 half's, oldest coin for 2011 1697 King WilliamIII.

stretcher: those babies are in great shape George your Nova is a (crosby5-E variety) between 65 to 124 known coins in existance and worth some money in that shape well done on the cleaning buddy , but i bet you didn't have to do too much huh?? monster congrats buddy .

Drew was a real champion today with the hiking and the stingey cellar today , it was great to finally meet you Drew and we'll have to do it again seriously real soon because you left your shovel in my jeep . lol

heres a couple of pictures of the monster cellar with the G-man for size comparison , its not an optical illusion the foundation is big and ... well Coinnut is a little small lol rofl but he finnish real big today |) |)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

CHA CHING!!!!! Nice coppers!!! Sweet job on the cleanup! They sure are pretty!! Happy Hunting!!
    We are not here for a long time, We are here for a good time. Happy Hunting!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Oldest coins: 1690's William III Copper
    1787 N J Copper, 1787 Ct Copper
    massdirtfisher@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.Terry link=topic=6739.msg78865#msg78865 date=1313287033
    wow nice coins, there in awsome shape.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDirtFisher link=topic=6739.msg78872#msg78872 date=1313287684
    CHA CHING!!!!! Nice coppers!!! Sweet job on the cleanup! They sure are pretty!! Happy Hunting!!
    Thanks guys. I was very happy I didn't screw up the cleaning lol

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=6739.msg78871#msg78871 date=1313287660
    well done on the cleaning buddy , but i bet you didn't have to do too much huh??
    Actually I was sweating bullets. The Nova did not clean up well at all, and it didn't look like that until the final cleaning I had to coax it a little with a brass brush lol

lol. I forgot about the Blackberry! That was one sweet find......how'd that ring up...long distance? :-) ...the coins cleaned up nicely too. Sounds like they could really have some value.
    Ill go back to finish up those pens and maybe take a look from the north entrance. Maybe ill find some beer to go along with my tap.
    I had a great time you and Del. I hope we can do it again real soon. Drew
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by charlives link=topic=6739.msg78882#msg78882 date=1313288643
    lol. I forgot about the Blackberry! That was one sweet find......how'd that ring up...long distance? :-) ...the coins cleaned up nicely too. Sounds like they could really have some value.
    Ill go back to finish up those pens and maybe take a look from the north entrance. Maybe ill find some beer to go along with my tap.
    I had a great time you and Del. I hope we can do it again real soon. Drew
    Yeah, That Blackberry hit that mud and it was a gonner lol Somebody was not happy after losing that. >:/ That pen area is still worth your time. At least you know the coins come out decent shape if found on a slope. But I believe you will need a shovel to dig? I think Dan is selling one that he just found lol

Wow George! Those are beautiful coppers! The Nova is a superb find! You had me laughing with the visual of you on your knees detecting with the 1 probe. rofl But it paid off big time! A huge congrats!!

Glad to hear you guys got together with another member too.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel link=topic=6739.msg78886#msg78886 date=1313289170
    You had me laughing with the visual of you on your knees detecting with the 1 probe. rofl But it paid off big time! A huge congrats!!
    Yeah, it's not pretty looking lol I have to rig up a cain and attach the probe to it That is my fourth copper with that probe rofl Who would have guessed it would be used that way and work

damn dude! those are beauties! i gotta get me a nova soon! that 1828 is just as nice as the 1827 i dug with you and smiley if not better.wish they all looked like that huh? nice tactics at getting those.i can see the whole lip being excavated now on solo hunts!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Awesome stuff George !!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 |)

George that is a sweet Nova !!! Congratulations <:
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

George, those coppers are incredible!! They cleaned up beautifully!!! Congratulations!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

My SHOVEL!!! NOOOOOOO I paid $6 for that at Price Chopper!!! lol
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

For a beat-up cellar hole you guys did a fine job. The large coppers look super, love the Nova.

&quotaVacMan ( Angel) couldn't have been the person that hunted that site because there wouldn't be ANYTHING left to find. lol lol
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

Way to go on those beauties!!!

Thanks for all the great pics- I love seeing the cellar holes and landscape when you go out. Next best thing to being there with you guys
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

that Nova is making me One of the higher coins on my wishlist.

Some pretty amazing coinage here George. The LC alone is in great shape and pretty amazing.
    Then you go ahead and add an incredible Nova. <: ... both found with your probe. Just amazing... amazing.
    Very, very happy for you friend.

Elite Member

...that NOVA is amazing...what condition! You've become a 1 ace lol...definatly thinking outside the box...then again, I don't think you've ever been in it rofl
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Great hunting techniques, using the 1' probe. Superb looking coppers. Someday we have to hunt together (Rob Tim and I).
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album