Thread: Crossfire Pendant

Crossfire Pendant

This is nothing spectacular, but required a little research.

I dug this about 3 down in a tiny park yesterday in my new hometown...Boulder City, Nevada.

It's a pendant associated with a computer role-playing game called Crossfire. Here's what the website (http://crossfire.real-time.com/) says about the game...

Crossfire is an open source, cooperative multiplayer graphical RPG and adventure game. Since its initial release, Crossfire has grown to encompass over 150 monsters, about 3000 maps to explore, an elaborate magic system, 13 races, 15 character classes, a system of skills, and many artifacts and treasures. Crossfire is based in a medieval fantasy world and is similar to other games of this genre.

Please pardon pic quality. I had to use my MacBook...still moving.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Re: Crossfire Pendant

You wasted no time in moving in to that park lol Glad you could even get out and detect, seeing as to how busy you must still be. The ground there wasn't frozen That's a big plus for this time of year. You scored your first artifact in your new home base. Congrats on it. thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    The ground there wasn't frozen That's a big plus for this time of year.
    This is southern Nevada...no frozen ground here. Besides, I'm too old to move to a climate that's cold enough to freeze anything

That's a sweet looking pendant! Is it silver?
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

It's not silver. However, it's thicker chrome than I have on the bumper of my truck. lol

That's a cool find, silver or not.

What kind of park were you at? Just curious... do you have a sense of how detecting there will be? Are there old parks around?

Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

cool.good research!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    What kind of park were you at? Just curious... do you have a sense of how detecting there will be? Are there old parks around?
    In Henderson there are about a zillion parks. However, none are much older than 25 years. There are many expansive soccer complexes that will be nice for hunting jewelry.

Boulder City (population 16,000) was actually built from scratch in the desert in 1931 to house the families that came to build the Hoover Dam. While there are several new parks, there are two that were built in 1932. I hunted one yesterday for about an hour in the rain...it's full of money and appears to have had very little (if any) detecting done.

One thing I've noticed is that the topsoil that's been added to parks is literally stops at about 7. Below that is the hard desert turf.

The ground is very mineralized here...reads 80+ with the MXT (that's very high). I only brought my 12 concentric coil that's not a good choice in highly mineralized soils, but I'm still having fun.

I haven't been out in the desert yet because my Jeep is still in California. I'm anxious to check out some old gold mines and abandoned settlements this summer.

sounds like a very nice producing area John , i wish ya great success in the next months to come . hey what kind of jeep ( cj,yj,xj,tj, ) do ya have by the way .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    hey what kind of jeep ( cj,yj,xj,tj, ) do ya have by the way.
    I ran a CJ until it was just plain worn out. In 2001, I bought a new TJ.

Since you know Jeep models, you likely know that you don't buy a Jeep...you build one. Mine's tricked out a bit, but now that I have the desert to explore, I'll have to change the lift kit (currently 4), tires, wheels, etc. I've already got the rest of the necessary toys, but wish I had an automatic transmission...they crawl better.

Her name is Lucy, but I call her Lucille when I take her to the prom. thumbsup01

Moab...here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    I ran a CJ until it was just plain worn out. In 2001, I bought a new TJ.

Since you know Jeep models, you likely know that you don't buy a Jeep...you build one. Mine's tricked out a bit, but now that I have the desert to explore, I'll have to change the lift kit (currently 4), tires, wheels, etc. I've already got the rest of the necessary toys, but wish I had an automatic transmission...they crawl better.

Her name is Lucy, but I call her Lucille when I take her to the prom. thumbsup01

Moab...here I come.
    wow your pretty close to Utah now huh , very envious of the playground you have to run her around there , to many restrictions about off roading here in Ct. but there are some pretty good places in Mass.
    very nice John , mine is a 2000 tj. right now it has a 4.5 inch rubicon express superflex lift , the skinny 33x10.5 mud ko's tires .its only a 4 popper with an auto but man the 4 lo has some serious crawl and tork and i got a 12,000lb. winch ( but i have yet to get stuck to use it lol lol) heres a shot
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Lucy is still in California. I'll post a pic soon.

Sweet find John, how is the dig'n in Nevada!?! 8)
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Glad you are taking the time to get acquainted with your new hometown. That Macbook does a nice job on the pictures.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Nice find Lowjiber... and glad to see Jeep people anytime, I had a '95 Sahara in WA state, used for moutain hunting etc... Now I have a '04 Unlimited... I do like the extra room in the back. I did not want to go to an automatic (95 was stick) but that was all they had. Now, I am pretty happy with it, it is great here in the mountains and snow. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo LJ

From the land of the Bluenose.....nice find. OUest....is that not French for west.......have to look next time I drive through Quebec!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!