Thread: Back from vacation

Back from vacation

Got back late yesterday from our vacation up in northern Michigan. Took all of my detectors because my wife said i would get alot of opportunities to detect on vacation. It didn't happen quite that way!
    I was able to find a hand full of clad from a couple beaches. One i only found a nickle at. Found two cents at a park and twelve cents in my brothers front yard in the upper penninsula.
    I really couldn't wait to get back to the fair grounds here in town to hunt for more silver.
    So today i went back over there and made it five trips in a row with silver in my pocket on the way home.
    Todays find barely makes the requirements but has silver none the less. And it made me very happy as once i found it it could get out of the heat and humidity!!!
    But mostly because i could do a fist pump for another silver and a first for me. A silver war nickle!

Here's pics...... twenty four cents all together.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Re: Back from vacation

bummer not finding much on vacation but you will make up for that with a good start of a silver war nickel ,,,,wtg.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

I hope your vacation was fun nonetheless. Nice nickel...still on my list. All nickels are still on my list
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Well, if you don't find much on vacation, the UP is the place to do it. Absolutely gorgeous! God's country ...
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

-- George Orwell

I have discovered the same thing on trips away. i think I'll be getting tons of coins & such but get very little. Always glad to get home to the places I know. Steve in os az
    Fisher 1266X - Lesche digger
    Headband

Well, it may not have turned out the way that you hoped, but that is a great looking nickle happydance02
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

hey RaZr , i think its always tougher to detect in an unfamilar area and then put a very limited time constraint only compounds the difficulty. glad you enjoyed the much needed RR and WTG on the war nickle .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Congrats on your 1st war nickle
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo R

From the land of the Bluenose.....glad youz back safe. Sometimes it is about the trip and adventure me son! Well rested i trust.

Off to maine for a few days and hooking up with the bouys from the Maine Detecting forum....nice to visit, nice to come home! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!