Thread: The park that keeps giving

The park that keeps giving

Put a few hours in this morning at the park across the river. Getting a lot more detecting company there too. lol
    I spoke with a woman in the park this morning and she said there has been 3-4 other dectorists there this last week.

Luckily there are still plenty of coins in the ground for everyone to discover.
    A Barber, Buffalo, V and some IH's kept me busy and happy this morning.

Two of them cleaned up beautifully. The others may require more effort.

Re: The park that keeps giving

all of them are very nice looking finds,good job.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Beautiful coins, especially some of the Indian Heads! That's a spectacular hunt, especially considering that so many other detectorists are hitting it. It looks like you are definitely getting your fair share!

Can you make out the date on the V Nickel? 1885?
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Thank you JT and Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=7079.msg82228#msg82228 date=1315965952
    Can you make out the date on the V Nickel? 1885?
    No.. the most I can make out is the coin is from 1thinkingabout:. Win some - loose some.

Veteran Member

You are the master Joe , great finds......
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

Great hunt. It drives me nuts when I can't read the dates >:/

Congrats on the 1915-S Buffalo Nickel, that's a great coin! Nice legible date too! thumbsup01
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Great hunting, nice mix of older coins. Those IH's come out pretty good looking. Congrats
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Just amazing! This IH's are fantastic. Congrats!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Yeah, I have to say that Buffalo is probably the best looking one I have seen dug. You have some forgiving ground.
    Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Golden Sabre II, Tesoro Cutlass II µMax, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro pointer
    Oldest coin, 1732 King George II Halfpenny

Those are some sweet finds there Joe! Is this the same park? That's a lot of folks heading over there, and no, I was not one of them.
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Quote Originally Posted by BillZ link=topic=7079.msg82269#msg82269 date=1316027897
    You have some forgiving ground.
    Yeah, most of the ground in my area is pretty gentle on coins. More times than not the IH's come out in good shape. Old nickels are a little more iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by milco link=topic=7079.msg82301#msg82301 date=1316055226
    Those are some sweet finds there Joe! Is this the same park? That's a lot of folks heading over there, and no, I was not one of them.
    Thanks Darren... yep, same park.

Love the IH cents. I very much wish they held up as well in the soil out here. Nice hits Joe.