Thread: Our honey hole is getting developed

Our honey hole is getting developed

I knew it would happen sooner or later. My wife and my favorite woods to hunt is being prepped for development. County approval is holding it up so that is giving us some time.

However, a bulldozer has come in and cleared some roadways for access and surveying. We took advantage of the easy hunting and scanned the newly scraped ground.

In 2 hunts we found over 2 dozen wheaties and 4 silver dimes. Also spotted 3 nice marbles, I always like finding marbles because I lost mine some time ago.

AND... we rarely find clad in this woods but on the way out after the second hunt, I got a good signal and dug a couple of clad quarters and a penny. I kept rescanning, and kept finding more. After about 15 minutes, I had over 25 coins, all from a 2' square area.

Wheaties on the left and clad on the right:

Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Golden Sabre II, Tesoro Cutlass II µMax, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro pointer
    Oldest coin, 1732 King George II Halfpenny

Re: Our honey hole is getting developed

Sorry to hear that you're losing your favorite spot, but you might be handsomely rewarded over the next year or so as the area is scraped for development. If these finds from a few scraped roadways are any indication, you and your wife could really clean up! Good luck! :->
    Minelab E-trac, Sunray X1 probe

2011 Silver goal: 20 (14 YTD- 8 Rosies, 5 Mercury Head dimes, 1 Barber dime)
    2011 Clad goal: $50 ($132.50 year to date)

Yes Viking said it all. Great hunting from a couple of scraped roads. Hopefully they wont put a gate around the development. Keep us posted of future hunts there. Congrats on all the silver, wheats and marbles
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

very nice finds and good hunt,wtg.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Hopefully the newly churned dirt turns up more goodies for you there, nice hunting!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

You did quite well at that site. Perhaps the outer edges of the wooded area may still yield more keepers.