Thread: Tired of glamorous posts?

Tired of glamorous posts?

Well you've come to the right place . lol This represents 4 hours on 2 hunts at 1 spot using 2 different detectors .This is from a large dirtpile that had been flattened . This spot had previously given me a 54s Roosie a couple of wheats and a little clad with even yet another different detector .I had went over the capped gas pipe and the copper tubing and fittings before but always passed them up finally curiosity got the best of me .The brown turd like object is a half a horseshoe .The clad dime is 71 as is the memorial and the heavily oxidized wheat looks like it may be 1916 . Also found a few coke cans ,screw tops and 1 rotten zinc . I really hit this place hard > and I figure any newer spot I find is going to beat this and my older spots which I have been hunting . However , if after any significant rains come I may end up hitting this spot again with my explorer. I have never been able to find out where the dirt is brought in from at this location but about a year and a half ago a smaller dirt pile at this location gave me a 1908 (no S) Indian and half of an old lead soldier .

Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Tired of glamorous posts?

Have I ever been there, done that and have the 'T' shirt. The bullet is interesting since I've been finding quite a few and was wondering how many other people have found. And no offense, but I am just a tad relieved to see that I'm not the only one pulling out the junk. For a while judging from all the great finds being posted, I was thinking that I was the designated trash collector. lol
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Quote Originally Posted by bob_e99 link=topic=7182.msg83203#msg83203 date=1317064377
    Have I ever been there, done that and have the 'T' shirt. The bullet is interesting since I've been finding quite a few and was wondering how many other people have found. And no offense, but I am just a tad relieved to see that I'm not the only one pulling out the junk. For a while judging from all the great finds being posted, I was thinking that I was the designated trash collector. lol
    I find my share of junk too as I am just about to take my copper and brass to the recyclers,and thats about 18 lbs.worth,,,,good finds in thoes piles of dirt,good job.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

I can dig my fair share of junk. I will keep the copper, brass, bronze items and when I think I have enough I'll turn it into a scrap yard..
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

It ain't all that bad You got yourself a wheat thumbsup01
    And I dig the Red, White & Blue marble! thumbsup01
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

That looks just like my last two hunts Thanks for posting it!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I like how you keep it real buddy!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Not tired of them, but like it was said, thanks for the dose of reality!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

i just brought back 57 pounds of copper and 20 pounds of brass $175 smackaroos!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT link=topic=7182.msg83343#msg83343 date=1317173554
    i just brought back 57 pounds of copper and 20 pounds of brass $175 smackaroos!

OK... I definitely need to re-think collecting some of this stuff. While I was aware of gold prices, I didn't realize just how much the cost of other metal has gone up.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

rofl I love your title lol

I just got $50.40 for my 5 gallon bucket of scrap copper, $48.00 last year... That marble is a great score | Hey remember I showed you my collection of marbles a while back and you asked about that one w/porous material swirled in it. I never showed a different angle/close up. You thought it might be valuable? I'll PM you a pic later today.
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Veteran Member

some of my recent hunts have been just as unglamorous.. at least ya got out and you found something .. i like the bulletts
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Thanks all for your posts and encouragement. I have been saving my copper , brass and lead for recycling I just haven't collected enough to bring it in yet . Compared to my hunts of the last couple of days this WAS a glamorous hunt . lol

Tana send the picture of the marble when you get a chance and I'll give it a shot . thumbsup01

thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbooty link=topic=7182.msg83451#msg83451 date=1317268922
    Tana send the picture of the marble when you get a chance and I'll give it a shot . thumbsup01
    thumbsup01 Right now before I forget (again) lol
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

It's not always about what you find! It's about how you go about digging it up, and you Sheik do it with a lot of class.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Thank you Jack your compliment means a lot to me .

Yep looks like a lot of my hunts too but ya never know if ya don't go.