Thread: Hello all, New from Wethersfield, Ct

Hello all, New from Wethersfield, Ct

Hi all, I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I’m from Wethersfield Ct and my name is Larry.
    I’m new to metal detecting (abt two months now) but certainly have got the bug. My cousin from NY who has been detecting for several years now put me onto this hobby. I’ve always wanted to get into metal detecting and finally pulled the trigger.
    I’ve been hunting in local parks around town but haven’t found anything spectacular yet. Just a few wheat pennies, and clad coins but no silver yet. I’m still learning.
    I’ve already found a hunting buddy (Lee) who is also new to detecting and put me onto this forum. We are having great fun hunting together.
    I’m learning on a Garrett Ace 350 which seems to be a very nice starter machine. I’m really enjoying this forum and hope to learn a lot from the experts.
    Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer

Re: Hello all, New from Wethersfield, Ct

Welcome, Larry! I'm glad that Lee introduced you to American Detectorist! You live in a very historic area of the country, I'm always envious of the great finds that come from that part of the US.

Happy to have you here!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Larry, welcome from western ma, around the Springfield area. Shortly the bug will become an addiction. Great people here with good advise. Looking forward to your posts, especially your first silver.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

hello Larry , welcome to American Detectorist . i hope to see you post some great finds soon Larry , take care .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Veteran Member

Welcome from Chester County, PA. Lots of smart people to learn from on this forum. Good luck, and hopefully you'll be pulling the oldies soon.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Hi Larry, welcome to the forum! Hang in there, the silver will come

I haven't used the 350 but have used the 250 (concentric coil vs the DD coil on the 350). It is a nice machine. I found my best ever coin with it.

Looking forward to your posts, and feel free to ask questions.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Welcome aboard Larry. Very happy to have you here with us.
    You've got a nice machine right out of the gate. I too started with the Ace 250.
    That baby found for me several silvers and relics to keep me in the game. I really think
    the double D coil you have on yours is the ticket. thumbsup01
    Give it time, the silver will certainly show up in a hole you dig.

Thank you all for the very warm welcome.

So far I'm having a ball. Got my detector, got me pointer and got my
    knee pads.........what more could a guy want

SILVER !!!!!

Larry, I'm in northeast CT. You have one of the best areas in the US to detect. Is it the oldest town in CT? I also use a 350, for a few more weeks.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Hi Charlives, between Windsor and Wethersfield they both lay claim to being the oldest towns in Ct. But you are correct there are some great places to hunt in this area. Lots of history here. Sounds like you and I have abt the same equipment. I use the Ace 350 and I just bought the Garrett Pro Pointer. I really like the Garrett pointer, makes finding those small items so much easier. You mentioned you are using the 350 for a few more weeks, are you upgrading and if so to what ?

I'm still trying to decide Larry. I was going to get a T2 last week but all it took was my wife asking me to hold off a day until she could move some money into the checking account...then i got cold feet. I agonize over stuff like this. You should see me buy a pair of shoes lol
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

welcome larry mate.......hang on......why am i typing this ? ill open me window and shout across the road to you...ha ha ha ha

Hi Charlives, I know what you mean abt doing an upgrade. I've thought abt it already and am quite new to detecting. Been looking at the Etrack. Seems to do a very good job on the silver but a little $$$$$. Also doesn’t register penny, dime, nickel etc. Time will tell. Need to get more experience under my belt until I decide.

Hey Larry!
    Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois!
    I'd kill...well maybe not kill \...but...I would love to hunt out east someday! lol
    Lotsa history in your neck of the woods!
    GL & HH
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

welcome to the forum Larry,from Illinois.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Hello from southern Mississippi and welcome aboard. thumbsup01
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

Welcome to the hobby Larry, this is a great hobby. Sounds like you are already having fun.
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68