Thread: New from Connecticut!

New from Connecticut!

Howdy! I'm new to the forum and I'm in the New Haven area of CT. I've been detecting since May 2011. Hope to share some of my future finds with you all. Thanks. HH! |
    Metal Detector: Teknetics Omega 8000

Re: New from Connecticut!

well hello Snapolson , welcome to the forum your among quite a few of us Connecticut hobbyists here . what kind of detector do you use and what are some of your best finds so far?? glad to have you here .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks Dan! I'd love to meet personally with some of the CT folks maybe on some future hunts. I'm around if anyone wants to hunt in the region together. Anyway, my best find is a 1798 Draped Bust Large Cent I found hunting a private school recently. I've also found a couple of buffalo nickels, many wheat cents, and an Indian Head penny from 1905. I've yet to find any silver. They are proving to be very elusive. I'm currently borrowing a Minelab Xterra 505 from New England Metal Detectors to try out. I'm hoping to have some better luck with it. I plan on uploading photos of my best finds to my album soon, so be sure to check back. Also, I have a Youtube channel where I have posted a few hunting videos.

Check 'em out here: http://www.youtube.com/snapolson

Thanks again for the welcome. I look forward to being part of the forum!
    Metal Detector: Teknetics Omega 8000

Hi and welcome!

Yes, lots of CT folks here. Looking forward to seeing your finds! thumbsup01

Angie
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Welcome Snapolson...from a fellow nutmegger. I'll check out your videos. Have a great fall season and post! |
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

oi oi and welcome mate,good to have you here the more the merrier....and being the new boy its your turn to get the beers in.......mines a pint of wife beater.......cheers !!!!!!

Hello from southern Mississippi and welcome aboard. thumbsup01
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

Howdy from Oregon!
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

Welcome to the forum! It seems like there are several members here that are from CT. Lots of history in that area and great stuff just waiting to be found!

Can't wait to see the results of your hunts!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Welcome from western ma. Glad you are here and can't wait to see your posts.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing some of your finds. If you are new to metal detecting, I hope you don't have many plans for the next 30 years... Its a very addicting hobby! |
    Having fun is what it is all about!