well here some finds from the last couple of hunts with Fooserpaul and George ...

Paul invited George and i to his nice detecting spot a week or two ago and i pulled up this 1800 draped bust , its in rough shape and i feel if i clean it i'll lose what detail it haves left . its a date that has eluded me so far | thanks Paul thumbsup01

just recently the Pequot indian Museum has started back up with its surveying and excavations of a few new Native American villiages and have ask for more assistance from our detecting club . this Saturday George and i were the only ones who showed up and i for one was a little dissappointed in the lack of participation from our club , its usually tough detecting conditions with little results and saturday was no different as the rain was falling on and off all day . they requested us to find everything iron and non-ferrous metal and they got alot of iron lol lol only they will know if its the right time era .

before our pequot hunt which was around 10:00 am george and i hit a new cellar in a new area , it was a very big and different looking colonial with alot of area and outbuildings all around the dwelling.

we had about 2 1/2 hours before our museum commitment and George used it well to get a 1774 silver spanish 2 reale ( sorry no picture) . then we returned after our pequot hunt and detect around the old cellar for another couple of hours . George found a shield nickle a two cent piece and a barber dime , while i got a clad dime >:# >{
then i hit a 1918 wheatie penny a 37 mercury dime and then a 1822 large cent followed by an extremely worn King William III half penny then a cut or quartered braided hair large cent . with some mixed relics and trinkets too.

heres the large cent cleaned up a bit its a little rough

the cut penny

and heres a civil war era button from about a week ago , its a New York militia Excelsior

hey thanks for looking and HH.

Dan