Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Hole

Last Hole

After running around and taking care of errens this morning I got a chance to get out for a couple of hours before I had to take my son to the dentist. Knowing I only had a short time to hunt I decided to go to a friends house here in town. I've been to his place about 3 or 4 times before. Today after about the first hour and only 4 or 5 signals I decided to check the side yard. I've only made a couple of passes through this part of the yard in all the trips there. So I figured I'd check it before having to leave. I got my reminder call from mama saying that I had to leave soon. I told her I'm heading for the truck now. Just as I hang up I get this weird signal on the E-Trac It was jumping from a foil-ish signal all the way to a half dollar reading I told myself &quotbeatdown:. Last hole then I gotta run! So I cut my plug flipped it over and the rest is kind of a blur I remember seeing a silver half first and then some smaller silvers rolling around in the hole As I would pull one out there was another underneath of it and another and another... <: happydance02
    After the Pro Pointer finally went silent I had 2 Walking Liberty half dollars, 2 Washington quarters, 3 Merc dimes,1 buffallo and 1 Jefferson nickles and a lone wheat! I was just in shock! I ran to the truck to get the camera....and I left it at home 8/ So I through everything in my digging towel and home and off to the dentist!

Here's some more pics thumbsup01

Here's a couple before cleaning.

The after cleaning pics

Now that was a fun last hole!! thumbsup01 <:
    Thanks for lookin & HH everyone!!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Re: Last Hole

AWESOME SCORE TIM!!!! happydance02 <: That LAST hole sure was a winner!!! Big congrats
    Having fun is what it is all about!

thats quite a pocket spill of silver Tim |
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wow Tim! I got your text and the suspense was killing me all afternoon. That is definitely a dream find. Sounds like those nickels really bring the signal down even with 2 halves in the hole! Congrats my friend. The picture of you holding them all in your hand reminded me of one of Angel's pics after a good day hunting, except you got all yours in one hole! I think that's the biggest silver spill I've seen in a long time on these forums. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Sweet job! Yet to find my own walker, keep up the silver fishing and hope all went well at the dentist.

Well, That's just about as good as it gets Tim. The stuff dreams are made out my friend... The stuff dreams are made of. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. That's just awesome dude. That would be a tough signal for most detectors. Good job at making the decision to dig.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Now that's a jaw dropping spill, Tim! WOW! |)

The newest coin appears to be from 1948 so I'd say those coins were dropped right about then. That's one of the biggest spills I've seen, and how awesome that it contained two Walking Liberty Halves! I love the photos! I'm glad you took several before you cleaned the coins, it's great to see how the coins were laying on top of each other!

Congrats on the incredible last hole! It finds like this that keep us all inspired!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

WOW, WOW-thats just awesome! Congrats on the pocket spill.

I knew it was going to be good when I saw your text msg, but wow and double WOW!! Congrats on an amazing spill. Thanks for posting all of the pictures!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Sweet!Congrats on a great coin spill.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Congrats Tim!! That's not a pocket spill that's some child's buried treasure. What a great find.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I think I would have

<:
    You have been finding some seriously nice coin spills this year. I don't think I've seen a better silver spill than this one.
    Holes like this are what we all dream of finding. It just doesn't get much better.
    Congratulations Tim. |)

thats one awsome dig,wtg on all that silver.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

That is beyond incredible

Congrats Tim <: That is the silver coin spill that is beyond anyone's dreams

Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Well I'll be dipped in (censored) !!!That's just incredible Timmy , you must still be light headed from that find !!! Way to go !!!

Veteran Member

Congrats on that buffalo nickel and 48 jefferson, tho they seem a bit abused. Oh, and nice collection of other coins in there as well Wow, unbelievable
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Tim I think that's the biggest coin spill I've ever seen!!!

I bet you were so anxious to clean them up and admire them while you were in the dentist chair! lol

Did you tell the dentist about it? Of course you did rofl

Thanks for the story- I like your details leading up to the last hole. Like we were there with you.

Big time Congrats buddy
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

One heck of a pocket spill there. I probably would have called the dentist and cancelled. Huge congrats on digging that signal.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I'm speechless.
    Or at least I would be if I found a spill like that!
    That's the mother of all pocket spills!
    Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Golden Sabre II, Tesoro Cutlass II µMax, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro pointer
    Oldest coin, 1732 King George II Halfpenny